Got a phone call from Ruger today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DaveShooter

Bearcat
Anyone whom doubts Ruger doesn't take care of their customers
Well let me tell you Boy do they ever. Had them Ruger pick up my Commander on 4-18-2014.
Got a phone call from a Mr. David Allen Carter said he check over complete pistol
And replaced the barrel link to give it the right amount of barrel lock-up.
And before this phone call someone else called me from Ruger
As I emailed the President about the amount of barrel movement before Ruger
Even got my pistol in for repair.
That tells me one thing Ruger does care very much about the customer.
Now to get my Commander back and shoot away!!!!
Ruger Rocks!!!!!!! :D :D :D

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
I too have had excellent service from Ruger. On a brand new single action I had a problem before I ever fired it. Ruger had it picked up the very next day and I had it back in 2 weeks problem solved.
Years ago I had a 357 Maximum that had a timing issue. Not knowing Ruger had a recall I sent it back. Ruger would not repair or send back my 357 Maximum but sent me my choice of anything I wanted in single action Rugers.
Recently my LCP380 slide would not close completely on the 3rd shot. First 2 shots were fine but after the 2nd shot the slide would not close completely. I shipped it on a Friday and surprisingly got it back the following Thursday with a statement saying they shot it 30 times with no problem. I loaded up 4 rounds and after number 2 the exact same problem. I only tried it once and want to try it again so I haven't called them back yet but I am sure they will take care of it.

DaveShooter

Bearcat
Great to know a company like Ruger does care about their Customers and products the way they do isn't it!!!!
Restores my faith in the word known as customer service for sure!!!!

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
WIL TERRY said:
ACTUALLY, they do NOT have a warrenty service and we all get stuck with the bill.
True, technically no warranty exists. I have no idea what "we all get stuck with the bill" refers to.

revhigh

Hawkeye
He's referring to those costs being spread over the cost of new guns sold to customers I'd guess ....

Kind of convoluted logic, as that happens with any company and any product ... Warranty stated or not.

REV

sousana

Single-Sixer
I remember once years ago I sent in an inherited 22 single action, but only after I myself had put nearly 10k rounds downrange. The finish was 100% gone, timing was going, original springs and grips, which were held together by duct tape.

When I got it back, I thought they'd sent the wrong gun, the only thing original was the frame, everything else was new, including a new bluing. Cost? $40 bucks to have my dealer ship it.

I've had exactly the same exp with s&w and taurus.

Company's that put out quality weapons AND quality warranty work will always get my repeat business.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
revhigh said:
He's referring to those costs being spread over the cost of new guns sold to customers I'd guess ....

Kind of convoluted logic, as that happens with any company and any product ... Warranty stated or not.

REV[/quote

CONVALUTED !!?? NOT HARDLY. Look at the next post after yours. You have a fellow who wore out a Ruger single-six, sends it in the be rejuvenated and gets it all for "free". NOT FRICKIN'HARDLY !! When you are as he does that you are nothing more than a bunch of gun-welfare-queens letting someone else pay YOUR bills for guns that you, NOT ME NOR ANYONE ELSE, should pay for in total. When you take your F150 with 250,000 miles into Ford and they re-build in total for free we'll talk further. Until then you guys are beyond the pale expecting anyone ANYONE to pay your g...d... bills for you. Or have we uncovered a pile of closet dummorats in the wood pile and you think it is owed to you !!!???!!!

sousana

Single-Sixer
Ahhh, so if you sent your gun in, and they fixed more than what it went in for and didn't charge you for it, you'd stroke a check asap? Cost of warranty work has been added to the cost of the gun since day one

As to thinking anything is owed me? I'm ret navy with 17 of those years served as a USMC medic, added to that, 4 years in the military of my other country, a BA and MA in Nursing, plus 3 AA degree's and currently working 60 hours a week, I EXPECT NO ONE to pay my way.

Did it ever occur to you, that ruger refurbished the weapon so as NOT to send it out in an unsafe condition?

Shalom Yeled

nightal

Bearcat
In 2001 my neighbor gave me a pistol, that had belonged to his Father, he found it on the basement wall foundation sill plate. the pistol is a Ruger .22ca standard, made in 1957, the pistol was so rusted, you could not move the slide,controls there was no bluing, just rust. I called Ruger to ask if they might be able to repair the pistol.
sent it to them on my dime of course,someone called me back about a week later, said they could repair it I would have to pay for the new Bluing. I said okay sent them a check for $50.00. I got a call about a month later saying, the pistol was being shipped back to me. about 3 days later I received it, looked like a new pistol, in a new plastic case, new instruction book, plus a report on what they had replaced, all new internals, and springs, test fired. cost me $76.00 including shipping.
shoots great, my Grandson, really likes it.

eveled

Hawkeye
I wonder what it actually cost Ruger to perform that level of repair. I think it is probably the best advertising money they could invest. They have customers telling everybody who will listen how great Ruger is. Making posts on internet gun forums saying how great Ruger is. All for a couple hours shop time.

They could spend $1 million on a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl and not get that kind of response. Ed.

johndm1967

Bearcat
When you make great products and give great service, you become the

Number One firearm manufacturer in the U.S. (which means in the world).

When you're number one, you make enough profit to cover the exceptional

service, and that brings in even more customers. And the snowball rolls bigger

and bigger.

Imissedagain

Single-Sixer
eveled said:
I wonder what it actually cost Ruger to perform that level of repair. I think it is probably the best advertising money they could invest. They have customers telling everybody who will listen how great Ruger is. Making posts on internet gun forums saying how great Ruger is. All for a couple hours shop time.

They could spend $1 million on a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl and not get that kind of response. Ed.

They got smarts. ;)

No-1

Single-Sixer
WIL TERRY said:
ACTUALLY, they do NOT have a warrenty service and we all get stuck with the bill.

They aren't going to pay the warranty bill from the stock dividends. Owners of the company will get theirs and the wholesale prices will go up to cover the expenses to warranty/repair/replace guns that would be unsafe. I got a 44 mag SBH in a car trade. It had a split cylinder. I swapped it off to a friend for a Beretta 25acp. He sent it in to Ruger and it came back good as new. It was so nice I ended up trading him back.

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
WIL TERRY said:
revhigh said:

REV[/quote

CONVALUTED !!?? NOT HARDLY. Look at the next post after yours. You have a fellow who wore out a Ruger single-six, sends it in the be rejuvenated and gets it all for "free". NOT FRICKIN'HARDLY !! When you are as he does that you are nothing more than a bunch of gun-welfare-queens letting someone else pay YOUR bills for guns that you, NOT ME NOR ANYONE ELSE, should pay for in total. When you take your F150 with 250,000 miles into Ford and they re-build in total for free we'll talk further. Until then you guys are beyond the pale expecting anyone ANYONE to pay your g...d... bills for you. Or have we uncovered a pile of closet dummorats in the wood pile and you think it is owed to you !!!???!!!

Me thinks you have it a little wrong. Ruger and Dillon got it right with the free repairs/parts, me thinks they sell more product by word of mouth than any paid advertising because how they treat the customer. I've tried to pay for labor and parts and both companies would have none of it............................................

modrifle3

Buckeye
WIL TERRY said:
revhigh said:

REV[/quote

Your logic is a bit flawed. Ruger will not let any weapon leave in non 100% working order if repair is requested. It is also up to the tech to decide what to charge for. As for cost, the average material cost to repair a firearm by a company like Ruger is very small. 90% or work performed is warrantee on new firearms or repair due to mechanical failure. You as the consumer are not paying for the work, you pay for a product as well as a small part of a million dollars in R&D, factory overhead etc. companies that have absolute repair policies keep life long customers. I have personally purchase thousands of dollars in Ruger products and sent 4 back for minor repairs. I paid my dues .... Also consider that Ruger sells a million guns a year now.

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
I had a similar experience with a well used, missing parts, truck gun mini-14 that I picked up from a pawn shop.
When I contacted Ruger initially to fix the extractor I told them it was in rough shape and wanted a price to replace some various parts ( rear site, buttplate, handguard). The lady on the phone said send it in so we can look it over and we will let you know the total.
I sent it in.
I left a note in the box with my contact info so they could let me know the total. I received it back a couple weeks later in a new box with all the correct paperwork, extractor fixed, new rear site, and a completely new stock and handguard! I would have been happy to pay for the work and parts but it was no charge.

I make sure I tell anyone looking to purchase a firearm to get a Ruger product.