RULES FOR POSTING CLASSIFIEDS: READ THESE BEFORE YOU POST

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
5) Sell and buy at your own risk... We suggest strongly that if you do sell anything of value or transact a firearm that you contact the person directly before you proceed.

Seems to answer the question. May I suggest... Road trip! :twisted:

I size mine when I edit them in Picassa. So I don't know or learn how to size them on the photohost or bulletin board sites.

Whenever you do it, I suggest 600 to no more than 800 pixels on the long side. Also, a file size of 500 KB (< 1MB) is more than adequate to give a crisp pic on a computer screen.

If you "right click" on the Blackhawk above, then select "properties", you should see that it is 600 x 428 pixels.
I can't be sure what other people see on their computers, but that pic should not be longer than the text window? I use the same technique and see the same results for a half-dozen forums.

thor's daddy

Bearcat
I've been a member here for a bit now, but apparently I post very little (I had to dig around a bit to find my post count). While I've previously sold a couple guns in the classifieds, I am also below the new "20 post" rule for selling in the classifieds. Will I need to rectify this before selling again here or is this a grandfathered rule?

Rod, the new software handles the post count as the basis for classified activity. While you are obviously a relatively long-time member, one post per year just won't keep the software happy. Suggest you participate in the site a little more to rectify that. We hope you see this place as more than just a free advertising opportunity. And here's a perhaps-delayed "welcome back": HAPPY NEW YEAR! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bobski

Hunter
so how long should a seller wait for a buyer to respond after you pm'ed him, and he wont contact you to seal the deal? i tried his phone number (that he posted on the ad, against the ruger warning,) and cant get him. im sending pms' and he wont answer. i know he's here on rugerforum, the bot says he last visited today. yet he's not seeing his pm alert. advice?

hittman

Staff member
I can't see pictures posted through Imgur.com
That is likely due to a setting on your computer or whatever device you're using to be on the forum.
With this new software, a 3rd party hosting service is no longer needed. Can still be used, just have other options now.

bobski

Hunter
my call? you have rules for everything else? maybe that needs a look. i dont like being left dangling and some dont mind keeping a deal on the hook while others are missing out.
when someone says theyll take it and they dont, whats the price for that? it just keeps happening?
can your mods/admins please review that? thanks.

hittman

Staff member
It's covered in the rules. Your ad, your call.

5) Sell and buy at your own risk

mishtub

Blackhawk
What is a good procedure/forum to compliment a seller when a transaction goes smoothly and the seller is a good person to deal with?

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
I feel like 120hrs is a really long time before being able to bump. 24 seems to be what most forums use, doubling that to 48 seems reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.