SPF: Old Model .45 Colt Blackhawk - Shooter or Custom

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
This is a mechanically sound .45 Colt old model blackhawk model BKH45 with 7.5" barrel. Not converted. It has some cosmetic issues, making it a good candidate to customize as you see fit or shoot on a regular basis without worrying about dinging up a safe queen. Considerable holster wear at the left muzzle and other usual areas, some scuffs on top of the barrel, a ding at the right front corner of the topstrap, and some initials scratched into the left side of the frame. Ivory colored synthetic grips with raised eagle on the right panel and blind screw. Bore looks great and the chambers are clean.

SPF $650 shipped FFL to FFL

ojWU7jy.jpg

ye4MW3i.jpg

gPOo7jj.jpg

9jI8gve.jpg

BNgCATJ.jpg

B70x2wZ.jpg

ZsvNYBl.jpg

gHEVOci.jpg

9xwsBPA.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I was asked to check the line on the recoil shield to the gun's left of the firing pin (below firing pin in the pic) to make sure it is not a crack.

Under magnification, it appears to be nothing more than a slight casting void that still retains original bluing after cylinder fitting. During cylinder fitting, high points on the recoil shield are removed by a broach tool, taking those areas down to bare metal. Low points are not cut, so they retain the bluing. I picked at it with a needle and was able to remove a tiny bit of blue from that crevice. I would estimate it is only a couple thousandths deep.