Selling Old Coins

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The lady we help has really fallen on hard times. At age 91 that is the norm, I suppose. I am selling pretty much anything of value that she still has. Her bills are piling up, and she barely draws anything. So here comes some ungraded coins that she has had forever. First is an unrestored, uncleaned condition half dime. I didn't know such a thing existed. I took it to a coin shop to verify, and am using his guidance. One blemish near the head. Good detail. The word "Liberty" is still mostly legible on the shield banner. Lines are still visible on the shield. New Orleans "O" mint mark. Comes with a new coin protector. I have several more old coins and local area tokens that I will be listing. Thanks for looking. $30 shipped TTL48.

IMG_6929 by kentuckyyeti, on Flickr

IMG_6928 by kentuckyyeti, on Flickr

IMG_6930 by kentuckyyeti, on Flickr

I love Morgan dollars, Walking Liberty halves, and Mercury dimes. I can't afford the really collectible ones but I prefer something better than what is usually in junk silver bags. Anything like that?

Gregg

tulsamal said:
I love Morgan dollars, Walking Liberty halves, and Mercury dimes. I can't afford the really collectible ones but I prefer something better than what is usually in junk silver bags. Anything like that?

Gregg

Honestly I don't know. I'll have to look at them. I really don't even know what those names are but the coin shop owner is helping me, so I'll find out what she has. Really not a lot of coins and some are worn badly. Some look ok to me but I'm no expert.

Xsales

Buckeye
The 1857 half dime shown is a former jewelry piece
The top has been drilled and now filled (inside the round filled hole)
The bottom has a flat spot where it would have sat in a gold/silver frame of some sort

Back in the day, many were made into jewelry pieces mostly necklaces

If you want to scan & send pics of the coins she has I can direct you on their condition and value

I have collected coins for well over 30 years

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
I can spring for some half dollars, older than
1965. Walking Liberty, and Ben Franklin.
Might buy her silver dollars, if any. Overloadded

Al James

Hunter
OP, I don't need the coins but if you are OK with it PM me a name and address for your friend. I would like to send her a little helping hand from Oregon. Thanks!

Al James said:
OP, I don't need the coins but if you are OK with it PM me a name and address for your friend. I would like to send her a little helping hand from Oregon. Thanks!

Thank you. At this time, she is still ok. She does need to sell this stuff- at 91 she doesn't need to keep holding stuff for " I may need it one day". I appreciate your gesture of generosity. I have had another pm me here at Rugerforum offering to help her. We really are ok for now though. Thank you for offering. Mike