SPF: Scarce New Vaquero .45 All-Blue Ivorex Grips BNV-455-I

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Back when Ruger was still case coloring New Vaquero frames on blue guns, Davidson's did a special distributor edition with an all-blue finish and with simulated ivory grips. They were shipped in the black plastic Special Edition cases. RENE says 1235 were made with 4-5/8" barrels and 2000 with 5.5" barrels. This is one of the 5.5" guns, model BNV-455-I, where the "I" at the end stands for Ivorex grips. The former owner of this one said he put 18 rounds of cowboy loads through it but didn't like the feel of the exaggerated New Vaquero hammer spur. He traded it to me toward a USFA edition NV that had a standard hammer. Condition is excellent with a little wear but nothing excessive. The worst is a light scratch on the right side of the frame which shows in the close-up below. The box lid would have originally had a "Limited Edition" sticker in the recess below "RUGER" but that sticker is no longer present, nor is the manual. Southport rollmark on bottom of barrel. Fired case is dated 01/04/2007. Hard to find variation of the New Vaquero.

SPF $575 shipped FFL to FFL

Q0yiURM.jpg

oajMXaa.jpg

IEJzY67.jpg

CQMVBUf.jpg

bRmkAvl.jpg

9Exp3Zd.jpg

15pQpq0.jpg

hTUeulR.jpg

r30H9rS.jpg

zLYVLPq.jpg

h5SxKJR.jpg