SPF: Fancy 50th Anniversary Super Blackhawk 3-digit w/all

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
After learning from the 50th anniversary Single Six and flattop .357 & .44 Mag Blackhawks, Ruger got it right when it came time to do the 50th anniversary Bearcat in 2008 and Super Blackhawk in 2009. This is the Super Blackhawk 50th Anniversary limited edition, catalog number S47N-50. Special "SB" serial number prefix, production limited to units ordered by a cutoff date, high gloss polish and deep luster bluing, gold embellishments, and fancy black eagle grips. These were shipped in special cardboard cartons with a Ruger gun rug sized appropriately to the revolver. Rather than having a near-endless supply of unsold guns at the end of the year, because of the matching-order production, less than 1700 were made, and they became nearly instant collectibles with more demand than supply. This one falls well within the first half of production with a 3-digit serial number suffix. Condition of the revolver is about 99% with a faint turn line and an almost unnoticeable ding about 1/32" long on the side of the topstrap on the right; you can see it in the close-up of that side, above the forward gold cylinder band. It looks like all chambers have been fired a few times. Comes with everything including the cable lock which is not really pictured but is hidden under the fold toward the front of the interior of the box. There is what appears to be a moisture stain on the front right corner of the box but no evidence of any encroachment into the box. Very collectible revolver that you can feel comfortable shooting with some care, without concern of devaluing it.

SPF $735 shipped FFL to FFL

GPAQssT.jpg

7PRZIj8.jpg

Yip77yB.jpg

2H8BTkd.jpg

nPl2j4z.jpg

NYbxrx3.jpg

IusXPs7.jpg

u5jfWru.jpg

b3i9X96.jpg

UW6Hma3.jpg

2kbtTLr.jpg

RjShLzX.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
BTW, these were much pricier than the 50th flattops back in the day. I don't recall MSRP but I gave $762.50 for mine and have it valued at $850, unfired. The RENE consensus value guide has this model at $755, which is actually down from $775 a couple years ago, but every year a slightly different group of collectors participate in the survey.

I have to agree. I have the 50th FT's in .357 and .44. I really like my .357 as a working gun, it just seems to always hit right where I want the bullet to go. The .44 just "seems like a gun." It's perfectly fine... the curse of "fine"... but no real personality. But that Super is much, much nicer. Very classy.

G