SPF Original Winchester 1895 SRC 30-06

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
SPF

Up for sale is an original Winchester 1895 Saddle Ring Carbine with the receiver marked 30 Govt 06 and serial number showing it was made in 1926. I picked this up a number of years ago, but have never shot it. However, I ran some dummy cartridges through it and it functioned perfectly. Bore appears to be in excellent shape with no pitting. The entire carbine is in great shape, both wood and metal, and must assume that it has been refinished sometime in the past, however, all markings are sharp, so if it was refinished, it was professionally done. One small spot on the butt and one on the barrel have very small rub marks, but no damage. It looks like marks consistent with sitting in a gun rack and no bluing missing, just a barely noticeable mark. Comes with a solid top handguard, no open space for a rear barrel sight, and wears an original Lyman No. 21 sight. I even have a few extra original Lyman 21 parts with it. Winchester style hook/eye swivels/studs are mounted with a leather sling. I would assume that they were added by the factory or sometime in the past by another owner. Slowly reducing my collection and as it has not been shot by me, I think it is time to let it go.

Must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. Shipped is $2450 and local pickup in Springfield, Virginia is $2400. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry