TLA Improved No. 5 45 Colt (pulled for now)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

zac0419

Single-Sixer
So I picked it up from cowpuncher on RF not too long ago. It has not been sent off to Alan Harton for the internals but he quotes a very reasonable price for hardening and some walnut stocks. The factory stocks fit ok, Steve (Cubrock) thinks it was maybe kept in a dry environment and the originals shrank a bit. The metal is near perfect with the only mark I see at the base of the front sight (in a picture).

I have shot maybe 80 midrange Ruger loads (250gr/1100fps) and it's a hoot. I'd love to keep it but I just can't.

It is a big expense, if you need any other pictures be very specific about what you are looking for and I will add the pictures to the gallery below.

I am asking $3300 shipped and insured to the lower 48.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YguuNE7p4WNayH9C6

princeout

Blackhawk
I need to check mine when I get home.
Thanks
Tim

Mine is K1182. Original walnut grips unmarked. Have another set of walnut grips I traded for many years ago - they are marked 42 in about a 1/2 inch tall fount.

dixie884

Blackhawk
That is so nice. I'm sorry you can't keep it, but it is good that you have your priorities straight. I wish you good luck on your sale and hope it finds a good home. I think your asking price is quite fair. They're not makin em anymore......

As some of you know I kind of like TLA guns and have had a few over the years. Having had 3-4 Improved #5 guns in 45 Colt pass through my hands I can say you will never find another 45 Colt at this price. I have one down at Alan's right now getting the internals checked or this would not be here still.

zac0419

Single-Sixer
I'm willing to split it into 2 payments, second due a month from now, if it helps get you off the fence.