SPF: 2008 Cowboy Fastdraw Association CFDA Stainless Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
This is one of a limited edition of 1035 special .45 Colt CFDA stainless New Vaqueros with 4-5/8" barrels made in 2008 as a distributor exclusive. As far as I know, other than the special serial number and the sticker on the box, the only difference between this configuration and a standard New Vaquero is the use of the original Vaquero hammer profile on this model, reportedly better for fast-draw competition. Condition is as-new minus manual, and there is a tiny scratch on the right side of the frame near the hammer pivot that does not show in the pictures. I had already put the gun away by the time I edited the pics, but I can dig it out again and try again to get that at more of an angle so the reflected light doesn't swamp out the detail. Has the Southport rollmark under the barrel; I'm not sure when the change to the Newport rollmark happened so I don't know if there is another variation. There is a more recent TALO edition with wood grips but I do not believe those have the special CFDA serial number.

SPF $725 shipped FFL to FFL

TYUhTr4.jpg

8PEqBAg.jpg

FQ8Kcbj.jpg

aFWfQiL.jpg

qXX5UpW.jpg

jU06HLO.jpg

MurOIER.jpg

R07sVrk.jpg

SBmDS0x.jpg