SPF: Rare Acusport Stainless Bisley in .45 Colt Only

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Back in 2002, the now defunct distributor Acusport ordered the first guns in the series of 5.5" stainless Bisley Blackhawks in .45 Colt. Subsequent orders were specified as convertibles with a second cylinder in .45 ACP. Later, they ordered some in .44 Mag, .41 Mag, and then I think they went out of business and Williams picked up the exclusive and ordered some in .357 Mag and possibly ordered more .45 convertibles. But as far as I know, only that first batch were single cylinder guns in .45 Colt only. This is one of the early single cylinder guns. It looks like it may have been fired some outside the factory based on some light soot around the chamber mouths, but it is very light, so likely not fired more than about a box. Complete package with manual, cable lock, insert on state regs, fired case, yellow cylinder donut, green plastic bag, and scrap of moisture paper. The fired case envelope is dated 04/18/2002. About the only thing to pick on is the box end label was torn a bit, probably when a price tag was peeled off. Super nice package.

SPF (Was $825)(Was $795) (Was $775) $750 shipped FFL to FFL

RujPX0B.jpg

j3rkQWl.jpg

5gUTT33.jpg

5D2KfGf.jpg

3AQ9fUm.jpg

We3U3Oh.jpg

QGHSUt9.jpg

single action

Single-Sixer
IMHO this configuration of the 5.5 bisley in stainless is the perfect packing in bear country pistol, i had a holster made for mine, and I carry it whenever I am fishing in Montana and Idaho, great balance and a rare special. Bob

sixshot

Buckeye
These are one of the nicest 45's you'll ever find. Do an action job, put one of 2dogs front sights on it & you are ready to spend the summer in Montana, the fishing is great, Idaho's fishing has really been down. Very nice 45 bisley!

Dick

I have to agree, Yes They are, even if old eyes have to cheat to prove it! Bone stock other than a grip change sights of choice and my action job! It shoots the 340 grain WFN just as well for big bear protection.

20180118-162944-1.jpg

toroflow

Single-Sixer
Nice one here gents...these were higher quality than the subsequent ones...get this rarity while you can!

Latest posts