SPF: KNR9 Stainless 9.5" Single Six Convertible, Box, Papers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Many collectors are not aware that the dual cylinder KNR9 is rarer than the single cylinder KS9, but RENE estimates that around 2400 KS9's were made but only 1500 KNR9's. Stainless convertible Single Six with 9.5" barrel and cylinders in both .22 LR and .22 WMR. These were only made in the 1974-1975 time period, and so are all pre-warning and not liberty marked. This one has the rare white box, manual, 2/3 of the warranty card (the part the owner was supposed to fill in and mail back is missing and presumed sent back), red felt bag for the second cylinder, and white pasteboard box for same. Also has the brown factory oil wrap paper. The cardboard is all pretty tired with the white gun box corners back near the hinge worn through, and one tuck-in end flap missing from the ragged cylinder box. I question whether the serial number on the white gun box was adjusted - it looks like the suffix was overwritten in darker orange, but I don't know if that was before or after leaving the factory. The revolver is in real nice condition with the exception of some light dings on the bottom of the barrel as shown. There are scattered scuffs elsewhere, including on both cylinders, but they are pretty light. The beauty of stainless is that the light scuffs can be polished out, and Ruger may even offer that service.

SPF $900 shipped FFL to FFL

xyZ96NH.jpg

twblIi3.jpg

HQQoacT.jpg

eGycZpb.jpg

6CpaPIi.jpg

e4JPSfT.jpg

mQIPZ8M.jpg

Lu6fizZ.jpg

PhNLNd4.jpg

CCcRSMy.jpg

rw5Qnd0.jpg

DK5M0dC.jpg

jzm307l.jpg

arL2hpi.jpg

w8tcrLK.jpg

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Hard gun to find!! took me a couple of years to locate one.
Other than the S4 the S9 and KS9 are the hardest guns to find in Collector condition, especially total packages in my opinion.

Terry

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Bob,
You are correct on rarity of the KNR9 vs KS9 ,,got to typing and not finishing my thought process, been happening a lot lately :oops: .
Maybe I better stop commenting until I can get someone to proof read my posts for me. :wink:

Terry

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
So what is your asking price. I have really wanted a 9 1/2 inch Single Six Ruger Buntline for a long time, especially a SS Model. I probably can`t afford it but your gun sure looks nice, how does it shoot. I have had an unexplainable love affair with Long Barreled handguns, rifles, & shotguns since I was a young kid. But I really want one to shoot, hunt, & go plinking with.
ken

Dan in MI

Staff member
Ccpt-t it is sold pending funds (SPF) If you look close the price font is now white. Great gun and showed me I need to check classifieds all day and not just after breakfast and before bed.