SPF: Beautiful Flatgate Single Six, Only Dropped Once

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I paid up for this flatgate due to the high condition. I was planning on moving it into my collection but after not doing so for over a year, decided I might as well let someone else enjoy it. So a couple months ago, I gathered up 3 guns to sell, two in boxes plus this one in a sock. As I moved into my cement floored workshop where the bench is that use for pictures, I stumbled and the sock slid off the boxes under my arm and hit the ground. Results are as shown in the last two pictures. Near-perfect Type 3 Single Six except for the points where it kissed the concrete though the sock; muzzle and toe of grip frame. Not converted. I've got over $700 into it, but know that those clumsy 2 seconds are gonna cost me a hundred bucks :evil:

SPF $625 shipped FFL to FFL

0d7JAzL.jpg

PTdO0nq.jpg

nbKTJsG.jpg

UINDxlW.jpg

rGRU7ay.jpg

lytczRt.jpg

5Oxiugr.jpg

kh2hgX0.jpg

nrobe50

Buckeye
thats a shame but we have all done it.......still a very nice gun

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
The older I get and after neck surgery 6 yrs ago my grip isn't what it used to be or my balance! I've have dropped a gun or two in the past the newer plastic ones doesn't bother me but my Dan Wesson commander or my old model 41M I bought from WMG or other finely blued guns with good wood would make me sick too.

Status
Not open for further replies.