SPF: Rare Vaquero 32-20 x .32 H&R Stainless Convertible

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
One of the rarest of the rare large frame original Vaqueros, the .32 caliber convertible was made in two barrel lengths, in quantities of under 300. I bought this 5.5" barrel one because it is a lower serial number than the one in my collection, but after I got it I decided not to swap since this one is missing the manual, cable lock, and there are a few light scratches and scuffs on the black micarta grips. While the generic manual is missing, it does still have the special .32 cal convertible insert. The fired case envelope is dated 07/13/2004. The second cylinder appears to still be sealed in the bubble wrap pouch. The box is the Special Edition black hard case. If one chose to modify such a rare revolver, there is probably sufficient cylinder length to allow the .32 H&R cylinder to be bored to a depth allowing the .327 Federal Mag cartridge to be used. Condition is 99% with evidence of limited firing of the installed cylinder, plus the grip wear. I've seen these sell for as much as $1500. Pricing this one lower due to the missing manual, lock, and minor wear.

SPF $1200 shipped FFL to FFL.

046Fw4n.jpg

73c6aCp.jpg

yARGaoa.jpg

h3HTwlm.jpg

C1pMdYk.jpg

UttG8z1.jpg

s1wUgTm.jpg

QzDEbTL.jpg

oKMRCml.jpg

v9ZoaT1.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
powder smoke said:
I sold a 4 5/8 in. one for 1800.00

Thanks for that info. Certainly higher than I had seen. If I had the ability to raise just one eyebrow like Spock, I would. But that price is not all that surprising given the popularity of the 32-20 Buckeye (5000 made and they fetch $1K). I once listed a NIB example of the limited edition (500 made) Davidson's fixed sight high gloss stainless Bisley Single Six on GunBroker for a one-penny start and it went for over $1500.

gunsbam69

Hunter
I'm gonna dress it up a lil. I'll try to remember to post a pic or two in the gallery once I get done with it. I'm surprised no one has had them made on the New Vaquero and or Flat Top mid frame yet with the auxiliary in .327. Maybe someday...