WTS: two nice little single shots

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FS: Savage Model 219 hammerless single shot rifle and Winchester Model 37 hammer .410 shotgun.

1) Savage Model 219B made in the 1950s as a .22 Hornet but relined to .25-20 WCF. This rifle had been rechambered from .22 Hornet to a wildcat .22 based on the .30-30 case, but never fired. I had it relined to .25-20 because I like that cartridge and because the wildcat chamber was too wide to permit a .22 Hornet liner to fill it. Work was done by an Indiana gunsmith who specializes in relines, and is essentially a brand new bore.

Rifle is in excellent shooting cond. w/about 75% of the case coloring on the receiver and most of the barrel blue; no rust or pitting anywhere. Has a sound, refinished walnut stock and forend w/sling swivels mounted. Rear sight has been removed and replaced with a Williams dovetail filler; factory front sight has been replaced with a Williams "Shorty" ramp. Original 26" barrel was factory grooved for "tipoff" scope rings and a unused factory Redfield 1" "tipoff" rings for scope mounting will come with the rifle, as well as a spare firing pin and the .30-30 extractor that was on the wildcat chambered barrel. STRONG ejection!

This rifle can be fitted with any Savage Chicopee Falls mfrd. 219B,C, or D .22 Hornet, .30-30 WCF, or shotgun barrel, and many of these have been made into such combo shotgun/rifle sets.

I want $295 firm for this rifle, shipped to your O1 or C&R FFL; FFL must accept firearms from an indivdual. I'll need an actual copy of the FFL.

I also have three boxes of factory .25-20 WCF shells and would give first refusal of these hard-to-find items to a purchaser of the 219. I want $90 for these 150 rounds, plus actual shipping cost by common carrier to your ZIP. If someone buys the rifle and doesn't want the ctgs., then I'll open them up for someone who needs good .25-20 ammo.

2) Winchester Model 37 "Steelbilt" single shot .410 shotgun. Your chance at a "pre-64" Winchester for under $300--Model 37s were Winchester's best selling shotgun model!

This little gun is in excellent shape but has been hunted. There are a couple of deep scratches on the walnut stock from hunting use. No rust or pitting; clear markings and excellent bore on the 28" full choke barrel (which is less common than the 26" on this model and "swings" better). Has original factory buttplate. STRONG ejection! $275 firm shipped to your 01 or C&R FFL who will accept firearms from an individual.

I have never figured out how to post pix on this site but will email some to serious buyers; PM me your email address. I can also give you the names of the 219's liner maker and the gunsmith who installed it.

Both of these little guns are C&R qualified.

Thanks for reading my post!

Mike Armstrong