REMOVED FOR NOW

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunsbam69

Hunter
I JUST REMEMBERED MY BROTHER IN LAWS LITTLE PEACEMAKER HE INHERITED FROM HIS DAD LAST YEAR IS MISSING THE 22LR CYLINDER. TO BE CONTINUED AFTER I GET A CHANCE TO SEE IF ONE OF THESE WILL FIT HIS.

The above now said, even though these are no longer for sale at the moment, anyone who'd like to add light to my confusion here is more than welcome to. I imagine at least one of these will be for sale once I get back from Bartlesville next trip.

I just received these, and bought them as aftermarket Single Six cylinders, but Ruger44fan says otherwise, and I believe he knows what he's talking about, but let me also please make it clear that I DON"T. If you'd read what I just erased you'd already know that but now you're too late :mrgreen: These cylinders are same overall length nose to ratchet as Single Six Cylinders at 1.623" and 1.619" but the cylinder bodies are about .040" longer and about .015" larger in diameter, so based on what Ruger44fan says they appear to be for the little Colt Peace Maker .22. Also, I measured the throats and they are .224" rather than .226" or .227" Like Ruger's. The cylinder notches are also for a much thicker locking dog than the Single Six uses, so if you Colt guys know for sure what these are feel free to add to what Ruger44fan has let me know now.

PRICE REMOVED. NO LONGER FOR SALE AT THIS TIME.

9XkGso1.jpg

C3sVcku.jpg

Not sure if this helps or not but Ruger never marked their LR cylinders (only the unfluted magnums) but Colt did for their Peacemaker series of revolvers. These appear to be for a Colt. Numrich may have made some aftermarket ones that could be marked, but they sure look Colt to me. I am now 99% sure they are Colt. I measured my Peacemaker and a Ruger and all conform to your stated dimensions. The cylinder notches on a Ruger are longer in relationship to the leads which also points to Colt. Finally, the width and shape of the firing pin groove is Colt compared to Ruger; the raised portion between the chambers goes closer to the outside of the cylinder rather than about half way as on Colt. Hope this helps.

gunsbam69

Hunter
Ruger44fan,

Thank you sir, and I will take note of that. I cleaned up a little 4 3/4 I believe it was one of the Colts for a friend recently, and these do look like those cylinders, but they also look like some aftermarket I've seen for Rugers, so glad you know your measurements on Colts cus I'm purty much Colt illiterate. I see now the cylinder notches are almost twice the thickness of my Single Six cylinders. I'm going to alter the description slightly to reflect your thoughts here. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Thanks,
Brian

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The cylinders shown along with the precise measurements you provide match exactly my Colt Peacemaker .22 revolver cyls. Even right down to the 22 LR rollmarks on the outside perimeter surface, the cyl notch leads shapes and depths, the front cyl face edge chamfering between the flutes and the rear edge chamfering, and the exact rear cyl face machining.

That's what I'm sure that you have, not the machine shop cyls made by Story Machining that I'm familiar with or some other shop.

gunsbam69

Hunter
Hondo44,

Thanks a bunch for adding confirmation. Story is the one I was thinking of but couldn't remember the name. My brother in law's dad's 4 3/4 Peacemaker .22 has always been just a .22 MAG as far as he knows so I'm hoping one of these will change that. I finally got around to having a look online and see for myself now that's what these are, but thanks for steering me in the right direction, and confirmation on the measurements from you guys is great.

Thanks,
Brian

Latest posts