WTS-Freedom Arms 44 Special . . . for a good cause!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, right off the bat I want to say that this Freedom Arms Model 97 in 44 Special is for sale for $3000. I wanted to make sure I adhered to the forum rules which state that everything must have a sales price even if you would look at an OBO. That said I need to explain the situation on this gun. A good friend of several of us here on the forum recently learned that his current battle with cancer will be his last and he has been given just a few months to live. The friend is John Gallagher who many of you know is a custom gunsmith in Jasper Alabama. I first "met" John by reading John Taffin's books and seeing some of John's custom revolver work including the first old model single six in 41 Special! Once I saw pictures of John;s work I knew he would be doing work for me and he has for over 10 years. During that time John has become a personal friend and when I told him what a few of us wanted to do he was extremely humble and touched. He said I could share with all of you that he considers himself to be a very lucky man who has got to do what he loves for a good many years and that the best part of his professional life is the customers and friends he has met and made over the years.

Several of us forum members put our heads together to see what we could do to raise money to help John and his wife Beverly as they travel these last few months of his life's journey and as they encounter the medical expenses during this trying time. We have decided to sell this Freedom Arms model 97 in 44 Special and another member has even included 500 pieces of new Starline brass. The action on this gun smooth with a 3# 4 oz trigger. We would like to raise as much money possible for John and his family so I asked the administrators if they would make an except and let us list the gun for sale but also state that we would take the best offer made by a member of this forum. To be clear, IF A MEMBER AGREES TO BUY THE GUN AND BRASS FOR THE LISTED PRICE, IT WILL BE SOLD TO THAT MEMBER. ALSO, IF THERE IS ONLY OFFER FOR EVEN JUST $1, THIS GUN WILL GO TO THAT PERSON. I WILL NOT PLACE A MINIMUM OFFER REQUIREMENT. However, if no one offers to buy the gun at the listed price then I got permission to accept offers for a limited length of time and at the end of that time, the gun goes to whoever has made the highest offer. Here are the conditions we agreed to with the administrators to get their permission. Payment can be with Postal money orders or a personal check but if a check is used the gun will be held until the check clears.

1. All offers to buy MUST be made to me via PM. NO POSTING OF ANY OFFERS!

2. I will only post the current highest offer. I will not do a new post with each offer. AS a new higher offer comes in I will post it and remove the earlier offer amount.

3. I will not give the name of any of the member who make offers.

4. All payment arrangements need to made through me via PM. The forum is not involved in the transaction in any way shape or form.

5. I will look at all PMs with offers until 5:00 pm Pacific Coast Time this coming Thursday, Oct. 17th. at which time the gun goes to the person with the highest offer to buy.

6. The buyers FFL must accept the gun from an individual and I will cover the cost of the shipping.

The administrators also had a suggest that I let all of you know that if you would like to help John and Beverly but are not able to buy or make an offer on the FA 44 Special, there is nothing that says you could not offer to help or donate anything or any amount of your choosing. If this is something you would be interested in, please PM me and we can discuss your ideas.

Here are some pictures of the gun. It is a used gun and it does not have the box or paperwork. It is just a perfect example of one of the finest built revolvers a guy or gal can buy built here in the US. IN the smaller model 97 format, the 44 Special probably comes close to being the PPP or perfect packin' pistol as John Taffin calls it.
Zzr7Brd.jpg

OQ8544D.jpg

pdIIexj.jpg

Thank you folks for hanging with me through this post. I know it is not the normal posting and I appreciate your help. I know it is a different type of WTS format but I did this last week with a brass bisley grip frame and grips and it raised $1200 for John so I know the format will work. I want to give a big thank you to the administrators as well for working with me on this situation.

Remember, all communication needs to be to me via PM. We can not take up a bunch of forum space or band width or this sale will be shut down.

Robb Barnes

Several people has asked about a Paypal account and for John And Beverlys address so they could help directly and privately. I am checking if they have a Paypal account and I have their mailing address. I found that Johns wife Beverly does have a Paypal account. If you want it please PM me and I will be happy to share it with you along with their address.

Thank you,

Robb

princeout

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes said:
Just over 24 hours before the offer window closes. Thank you to all who have made offers and asked for contact information to help in a personal way.

Robb

Now just under 4 hours remaining. Thanks Robb! Thanks Forum admins for allowing this.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.