FS: used US/Western/world history and outdoors books

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WTS: used books on US/Western and world history and wildlife/outdoors topics.

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO CONUS ZIP CODES. I don't do PayPal, credit cards or auto payments like ApplePay. I DO TAKE cash, personal checks made out to me, and all money orders made out to me. I try to ship the next mail day after I get payments.

TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK OR BOOKS YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE!

The only way to reserve a book or books is to put an "I'll take book(s) #____" on this thread. Then I'll acknowledge the order on the thread, mark the books sold on the ad ("SPF"), and send you a PM with my "legal" (first) name and address for payment.

Please make any remarks, questions, or offers by PM, not on the ad thread here. I'll answer all ASAP!

American/Western history topics

1) SPF "The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution 1763-1789" by Robert Middlekauf.

2) SPF "Battle Cry of Freedom: the Civil War Era" by James McPherson.

3) SPF "Mary Chestnut's Civil War" ed. by C. Van Woodward.

4) "Coal Was King: Huerfano County's Mining History" by Nancy Christopherson. Major coal mining operations began around 1895 and continued thru the Great Depression in this Colorado county. This local history covers the eight coal mining regions of the county, labor movements, and violence including the "La Veta Massacre" and Ludlow strikes. Softbound 115 pp. new cond illus w/historic b/w photos, seven maps, and appendix and index. $4

5) SPF "Aurora: the Pentagon's Hypersonic Spy Plane" by Bill Sweetman.

World history topics

6) "The Greatest Battle: Hitler, Stalin, and the Desperate Struggle for Moscow That Changed the Course of the War" by Andrew Nagorsid.

7) SPF "Ardennes 1944: The Battle of the Bulge" by Antony Beevor.

8) SPF "Batfish--the Champion Submarine Killer Sub of WWII" by Hughston Lowder.

9) SPF "Final Patrol: True Stories of WWII Submarines" by Don Keith.

10) SPF "God's Samurai: Lead Pilot at Pearl Harbor" by Gordon Prange.

11) SPF "The Guns at Last Light: The War in Western Europe, 1944-45" by Rick Atkinson.

12) "The Coldest War: A Memoir of Korea" by James Brady.

13) SPF "Blind Man's Bluff" by Christopher Drew and Sherry Sontag.

14) "Secret War" by Billy G. Webb.

Outdoor/wildlife titles

15) SPF "Lost City of the Incas" by Hiram Bingham.

16) SPF "Summers With the Bears: Six Seasons in the North Woods" by Jack Becklund.

17) SPF "The Daily Coyote: A Story of Love, Survival, and Trust in the Wilds of Wyoming" by Shreve Stockton.

18) "The Cougar: Beautiful, Wild and Dangerous" by Paula Wild. British Columbia nature writer's study of the biology and behavior of the "mountain lion." Covers the life cycle of the cats, their history in US history, their hunting behaviors, and cougar safety (children, dogs, and cougars don't mix). Cougar attack "hot spots" and safety checklist. HB 288 pp. new cond illus w/many b/w and color photos. $6

19) "The Curtis Creek Manifesto: A Fully-Illustrated Guide to the Strategies, Finesse, Tactics, and Paraphernalia of Fly Fishing" written and illustrated by Sheridan Anderson. There are PLENTY of fly fishing manuals and DIY books out there but this is the most amusing and shortest and gets the job done. Softbound 8 1/2x11"format 49 pp. new cond. illus MARGIN-TO-MARGIN with cartoons, sketches, detailed drawings by the author. $5

20) "Devil's Teeth" by Susan Casey. The title doesn't just refer to the fact that the Farallon Islands off San Francisco are one of the world's prim great white shark playgrounds, it also refers to the nickname of the islands themselves, earned by their eating many ships and sailors! this book is about studying those shards at those islands--a very dangerous "lab"! PB 297 pp. new cond. illus w/b/w and color photos, and maps. $6

21) "Desert Journal: Reflections of a Naturalist" by Raymond B. Cowles, an emigrant to California from South Africa, was a famous student of CA desert environments, especially the adaptations desert animals made to survive extremes of heat and cold and drought. Lots of reptile info, of course. Quality PB (U. CA Press) new condition illus w/b/w and color photos and maps. $6

22) "Into Thick Air: Biking to the Bellybuttons of Six Continents" by Jim Malusa. Veteran travel writer and bike tourist has a crazy idea: why not visit all the "anti-summits" of the world instead of those boring mountain peaks? It's ALL downhill, no? So he takes us to 'way below sea level on six continents, going to places most Americans visit in BDUs and with an M-4 all ready to rock! Fort Irwin? Several 'Stans? Easy reading, but save it for winter--it'll make you sweat. PB 330 pp. exc. reading cond. illus w/maps $5

THANKS for reading my long post! DON'T FORGET TO TAKE $1 OFF EACH BOOK YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE!

Mike Armstrong