SPF: Security Six .357 Mag Stainless 2-3/4" Likely Unfired

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
This sweet Security Six came to me with a note saying it was unfired and coated with some preservative grease, I forget the name, but it was something like Teflonix. I cleaned off as much as I could see, but while resizing and cropping the pics I see I missed a couple spots on the right side of the barrel and one the breech face. Model GA32 adjustable sight revolver in .357 Mag with 2.75" barrel. The 2.75" adjustable sight Security Six was not made in huge quantities, the snubbies were more popular in fixed sight Service Six and Speed Six models. Hard to find any nicer. Serial number dates to 1982 production year. This is right around the serial number range where the scalloped recoil shield first appeared.

SPF $645 shipped FFL to FFL

rg0lGoH.jpg

EVbAJ3T.jpg

OkiFtFn.jpg

0oVVbwO.jpg

eq0wudu.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
thewiz828 said:
Is the 2.75" rarer than the 3".

No, the 3" barrel was only used in the last couple years (1987-88) of -Six production. And at that time, there were not many Security Sixes since Ruger had moved on to the GP100 for adjustable sight DAs. They still made Speed Sixes and Service Sixes since they were slow to bring out the fixed sight GP100, so that is where most 3" barrels will be found (and more on Speed Sixes than Service Sixes). Offhand, I can't say I've ever even seen a 3" Security Six.

The 2.75" was available for many years, just not very common on the Security Six.