Marbles Tang sight for winchester 94

Help Support Ruger Forum:

veeman

Single-Sixer
For sale, like new Marbles Tang sight I had on a Winchester 94. $90 Shipped.
enhance

enhance

veeman

Single-Sixer
Well, the 94 is a mid 80s Ranger, had the top screw hole drilled and taped. I have no idea what screw thread is, it was done many years ago. Thought they were all the same?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
veeman said:
Well, the 94 is a mid 80s Ranger, had the top screw hole drilled and taped. I have no idea what screw thread is, it was done many years ago. Thought they were all the same?

Two changes actually:

1. OK, your Marble screw set has: short front screw = 10x32, long screw in the rear =12x28 for '94 post war tangs that need the front hole drilled and tapped except the Maroku made '94s.

On a Miroku '94 by removing the tang safety with butt stock removed a tang peep can be used. Drill and tap the tang for the short 10x32 screw above or drill a relocated hole in the sight base and use the tang safety front hole for the 10x32 screw with a 10x32 nut to attach the front of the peep sight base, again with stock removed. And the long rear screw from the screw set in #2 below.

2. A Marble screw set for the Maruko '94s can be purchased separately and has: short front screw = 4x48, long screw in the rear = M5 5x5 metric thread. Of course the tang safety must be removed. And if you want to later remove the peep sight and restore the safety, you have an extra 4x48 tapped hole showing to be plugged with the sight screw.

3. The screw set for a pre war '94 is different from both of the above, and has the front screw hole in the tang that's drilled, tapped 10x36, and filled with a plug screw from the factory has: short front screw = 10x36, long screw = 12x28.