SOLD Gallagher Long Cylinder 44 Magnum - $1750 Shipped

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mbl

Single-Sixer
Cylinder from 357 Maximum, line bored and free spin. 4 5/8th barrel, pinned front sight. Bowen target rear. Locking base pin, CCH finish on frame, hammer and trigger. Gallagher action job. Elk horn stag grips from Sack Peterson. Will accept 330 grain Garrett Cartridges Hammerhead loads, https://www.garrettcartridges.com/44mag.html

Located in Arizona
USPS Money Orders
Your FFL must accept shipping from individual

clintsfolly

Single-Sixer
I was looking at this add and the wife looked over my shoulder and said " That is beautiful! But your broke!" A story that I have played out many times in my life! Good luck with your sale! Somebody in Mi buy this so we can go shooting and I get to see it in real time and maybe get to shoot it!

444thumper

Single-Sixer
That's a really a neat revolver. Please excuse my ignorance in the custom area, but is that a max cylinder that has been cut down to fit a blackhawk frame or is the frame a max frame? 6 shot? The ammo you reference in the link, according to the label, does not include the blackhawk or SBH in guns that are approved for the pressure it generates. Is this gun an exception due to the modifications? Always looking to learn more about these customs.

gunsbam69

Hunter
John and other smiths have done quite a few of these. It's simply a .357 Maximum cylinder fit to a standard Blackhawk frame and rechambered to .44 Mag to shoot the 330 Garrett load and any others that won't fit lengthwise in a standard length .44 Mag Blackhawk cylinder. Garrett 330 Hammerheads are pressure tested at 43,500 CUP so they're fine in the stock diameter cylinder in .44 Mag. It's the simpler way to go instead of making a new cylinder from scratch for guys that don't want to give up their Blackhawk for a Redhawk.

mbl

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the input - I simply went by the Garrett statement that the 330 Hammerheads were good for custom single actions by Gallagher. In addition to that, I confirmed with John today that this configuration was good to go with the 330s.

mbl

Single-Sixer
Yes, he recalls the build (sent him picture and he has done several for the individual that commissioned it)

John has done long cylinder guns for me in 44 and 41 and I like how it adds flexibility on bullet selection and the appearance by having the long rechambered max cylinder filling the frame window. I have the 44 in the safe now with h an octagon barrel and you couldn't touch it for even close to this price.

ryanc.ross

Blackhawk
John is one good man and my friend. To see him work his craft, be around him is a true joy. To own one of his projects is to have something from arguably the best Gunsmith in the country. From custom Ruger's to precision rifles, he's got you covered.