RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD: Sears Model 54
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am 
Single-Sixer

Rifle is sold....

Up for sale is my Sears Model 54 30/30 lever rifle, made by Winchester for Sears, a Winchester 94 "Top Eject" rifle in plain clothes. From what I can find out, the Sears Model 54 was made from 1966 to 1972. This rifle has a nickeled loading gate, steel butt plate, humbler wood than found on the real deal Winchester 94's, and a non-hooded, non- ramped front sight. These later became the Sears "Ted Williams" Model 100, but they had nicer wood and a plastic butt plate.

This rifle is in good, used shape with some finish wear and patina you'd expect from a 50 year old hunting rifle. The pics show the finish wear. I have shot it a good bit, I find it shoots better than most of my other 30/30 rifles, as the front bead is a little smaller than most, allowing for a finer hold. The sights are well regulated, easy to hit small targets out to 100 yards. I have included a pic of a five round group fired from the prone position at 100 yards. There is a sling swivel stud installed in the butt stock. Rifle is 100% reliable in operation, with good chambering, firing, extraction and ejection.

A perfect truck, boat or utility rifle. Keep it as a spare or loan it to your Brother in Law or Nephew. Careful if you loan it to young shooters, they won't want to return it...

Price is $300 plus actual USPS shipping. How that works is you say "I'll Take It", PM me your FFL's shipping address and I'll get back to you with a shipping quote based on USPS rates. Payment by USPS Money Order or personal checks held to clear. A face to face transaction is available to Virginia Residents within a reasonable drive from Marion, Va. Post and "I'll Take It!" to claim as yours, PM for shipping/payment details or if you have any questions.

Here's some pics:
Cabin front porch duty:

I would love to hang on to this rifle, but I guess you can't keep them all, at least that's what my wife keeps telling me......

Last edited by Magnum Force on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:10 pm 
Single-Sixer

Barrel length please, thanks Byron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:04 pm 
Buckeye

Any idea what year it is?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:13 pm 
Single-Sixer

That's alot of screws on the left side. What there a mount of some sort on there at one time?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:44 am 
Single-Sixer

The barrel length is 20", the Sears Model 54 came from the factory with holes to mount a side mounted scope, or a Lyman Receiver Sight. Every Sears 54 I have seen have these holes, there are several on Gun Broker right now, all with the same holes.

The later Sears "Ted Williams" Model 100 did not have holes for a scope mount, only the holes for a Lyman Sight.

As far as dating down to the exact year, I have not found any serial number data that reveals exactly when these rifles were built, only a general range, 1966-1972.

Thanks for your interest,

Magnum Force

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:06 am 
Hawkeye

What's the serial number? It obviously is not a part of the pre-64 series from Winchester. But seems to have held it's bluing pretty well.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:27 am 
Single-Sixer

The serial number is 42948. I don't think these rifles were serial numbered in conjuction with the Winchester 94 rifles, more in a serial number range of their own....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:21 pm 
Hunter

Anyone know if this is C&R eligible? It would be if made before 1969, but not sure after that. I'm thinking yes because it is a discontinued model???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 pm 
Hunter

PM sent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:37 am 
Single-Sixer

Back to the top, still available....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 am 
Single-Sixer

Back to the top, still available.....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:11 pm 
Single-Sixer

BTT.......