SPF: Old Model Super Blackhawk 44 Mag 1967 Neckfeather Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Non-converted old model Super Blackhawk .44 Mag revolver with no-prefix SN from 1967. For a time in 1967, Ruger black eagle grip medallions were made with the "neck feathers" like this one has, and those grips are collectible in their own right. I had a devilish time trying to take pictures of this super hi-gloss finish Super. There are spots where (I think) very thin freckling is just starting to impact the very thinnest top surface of the blue. I can wipe it down and get it looking real nice, then patches of the finish fog up before I can take a pic. There are spots like that on the frame, the barrel, the cylinder, and the steel grip frame. Does not appear to have been reblued. Bore is nice and shiny with sharp rifling. There is a chip at the toe of the right grip panel as shown in the last pic. If you want a fine old model shooter, this one is for you - the finish fogging would not be very noticeable during daily range/field use, only when trying to get a perfect glossy look for pictures.

SPF $600 shipped FFL to FFL

3cCBEd5.jpg

kHHd7TG.jpg

S6JVbtL.jpg

HHCK5Nr.jpg

YpXiptO.jpg

YtbP4RZ.jpg