*Pulled* -Mark Chanlynn M-70 3006

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kooz

Blackhawk
Mark Chanlynn at Rocky Mountain Rifle Works built this model 70 for me last year . I took him a new Extreme weather M-70 3006 and a new McMillan featherweight stock and a new Timney trigger , he rebarreled the action with one of his 24" stainless barrels and bedded it into the new stock . I did the barrel break-in and then sighted it in with ELD-X factory ammo and hunted with it last year in Wy for antelope , took two does' at 300 & 400yds and a nice buck @600 yds . Gun has probably 20-30rds thru it total including the break-in . It shot the ELD-X ammo into .5 @100yds which is about as well as I can shoot . That is the only ammo I have shot out of it as I never did get around to working up loads for it . I am only selling it as I am forced to taper down due to retirement being right around the corner . This is a typical example of the nice, solid accurate rifles that Mark is known for . I have right at $2800 into just the rifle , great opportunity to own a nice custom rifle at half the cost and no wait time . I am asking $1400 for the rifle without scope . I will work someone a good deal if they would like the scope with the gun, the scope is a new VX3i CDS 4.5x14x40 Leupold , Warne steel rings and bases .