SPF: T/C Encore Pistol with 15 Inch .410 ga/.45 Colt VR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I don't know too much about these, but what I do know is that my camera tripod won't go high enough above the bench to take a pic of the whole thing at once while laying flat! Looks like a 1998 vintage Encore with the .410/.45 Colt barrel. The barrel is 15". There is wear here and there. The forearm has a chip out of the front and it is missing the forward sling swivel. The barrel has a nice bore but a few spots of freckling on the outside. The vent rib is missing the rear sight, and there are rusty spots on the underside of the rib. Looks like the rib can be removed by 5 screws, so maybe the underside could be cleaned up some. Where the barrel pivots on the frame, there is a patch of blue worn off the barrel from rubbing on the frame on the left side. I tried to take pics of all the defects. Seems mechanically sound, just the cosmetics.

SPF (Was $450) (Was $425) $400 shipped FFL to FFL

HkmtF5C.jpg

Vh68DKI.jpg

KDaPPzK.jpg

fL0pAe9.jpg

zl8HPMe.jpg

b84mOqi.jpg

crxZaqI.jpg

17Qbxxf.jpg

P6OMKDB.jpg

43fwREz.jpg

KvBrpS1.jpg

HonCzju.jpg

6uSruDP.jpg

dtuAvXY.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
arfmel said:
Does this barrel have a removable no-twist rifled "choke tube" to use with .410 shotshells to eliminate the spin from the rifled barrel?

It sure does. But no tool to remove it.

As I said, I don't know much about these! When I initially looked down the bore, I thought that was pretty darn aggressive rifling! Now that I take a second look, it appears that super tight rifling is straight with ramped lands and only runs the last 3/4 inch or so back from the muzzle. I guess the tightness is to shred open the shotshell. The rest of the barrel is normal depth rifling with twist.

PRoeqMs.jpg

Spencer

Single-Sixer
Anyone on the fence about this, I have the same configuration and love it. I use it for squirrel and rabbit hunting. Much easier to pack this than a full size shotgun when your trying to lead a couple leashed beagles through the brush. And a lot of fun when squirrel hunting with my cur dog.

Good luck with your sale. Any cheaper and I might buy it. And I already have one!!!

Blaketh

Bearcat
Sweet little rig, if you dont mind me asking, what was the asking price?