SPF 1964 Old Model Single Six Convertible in Original Box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Here is a Type 1 Transition variation of the XR3-RED grip frame RSS5X (the X denotes a convertible model with both .22 LR and .22 WMR cylinders) Single Six in the original number-matching box. Serial number dates it to 1964 manufacture. Magnum cylinder has the last 3 digits (600 for you round number guys) stamped instead of scribed as was done in later years. Not converted, smooth action, bright bore with sharp rifling, and includes the red felt bag for the second cylinder. Overall nice shape with the exception of some freckling on the steel ejector rod housing, some on the opposite side of the barrel, and what is most likely pliers damage to the base pin. There is also a bit of holster wear at the left muzzle and scattered spots of blue loss on the bottom of the barrel. The box is all there but has some wear, the worst being along one long edge of the bottom that has split. If you need this variation, this is a pretty good package that could be improved with a replacement ERH and base pin.

SPF $550 shipped FFL to FFL

niapTz7.jpg

oQQGOSy.jpg

azoAlWu.jpg

LfjE4kc.jpg

Ctkv1iD.jpg

j0jd2S1.jpg

C3dsgH1.jpg

XiuXxtn.jpg

tfxY3wS.jpg

nZa6eTj.jpg

ceOKfvm.jpg

sK8ip4d.jpg

XGnmkoR.jpg

2NKXXBP.jpg

rJQz9IU.jpg

NB81FIL.jpg

AxMW0x7.jpg

street

Hunter
Those transition convertibles with the serial number stamped on the front of the cylinder are somewhat hard to find. And it has the original box.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Has anyone had any recent contact with CZReverend?

I've been holding this Single Six for him since May. He was relocating from VA to TN in late May or early June and said he would pay me after finding a new transfer dealer in TN. He said he would be able to wrap up the deal by the end of June at the latest. I have dealt with him before and never had a problem so I am a little worried. He is a 10 year member on RF and he has updated his profile to indicate that he made it to TN.

I sent a reminder IM to him a week ago but he has not opened it. And his profile page shows he was last online June 6.

Anybody know his situation?