Moved to GB: Colt 1911 Series 70 Gov't Model .45 in Box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
This is a sweet piece, a Series 70 Colt Government Model .45 ACP 1911 pistol in the original number-matching box with papers and trigger hang tag. I don't have any history on it and haven't even racked the slide, so I can't say if it has been fired, but it is very, very nice. The one thing holding it back a little is the tattered condition of the box sleeve, including one end flap that has separated but is still present. Styrofoam insert is still nice, and the papers are crisp like new. The box may be ugly, but the contents are awesome! Serial number puts it in the 1975 production range.

Moved to GunBroker (Was $1250)...(Was $1200) Now $1100 shipped FFL to FFL

0XHLqBs.jpg

UBEzrgT.jpg

04SeIc9.jpg

zjNgdNb.jpg

WoxYBw2.jpg

srIocgt.jpg

0qF3WjG.jpg

ZJvqHpf.jpg

39DcLTA.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I know what you mean. I also bought one in about 1979 and my dad liked it so much he bought one a few months later. I've got both of those tucked away and might have the receipt with one or both, but best I can recall they were around $275 each.

I remember drooling on the glass at the J.C. Penny's gun counter where they had Pythons for $345 in the mid-70s. Too much for my old man, he bought a new Security Six instead, for about 80 bucks. Of course, I still have that Security Six as well.