SPF: 8 Shot SP101 in .22 LR, Box, Papers, etc.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Used example of the newer version of the .22 LR SP101 with the 8-shot cylinder, 4" barrel, fancy eagle etched wood grip inserts, and fiber optic front sight. Fired case envelope is dated 2014. It has a main spring in a plastic envelope marked "SP101 .22 Factory", so my guess is that it has a reduced spring in it now. Comes with manual, lock, and the little yellow cylinder insert. Has some surface scuffs from use and the front of the cylinder shows soot. The bore is nice and shiny and the chambers clean. Overall very nice condition. Model is KSP-242-8.

SPF $495 shipped FFL to FFL

0KmANus.jpg

OnPvTQP.jpg

9CEQDER.jpg

rcQVTb6.jpg

CMzby3m.jpg

xVBPvHj.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I was asked about what looks like a black skid mark on the cylinder in the close-up. I never noticed that until it was pointed out. I checked the gun and there is no black streak, but there are light scuffs around the cylinder between the flutes. Those scuffs must have caused that unusual reflection in that one pic. I was only trying to show the 8 chambers in that image, so never noticed the weird reflection. There are also light scuffs on the left side of the barrel and a few other spots. Nothing that looks bad in normal light, but if you are looking for it, you can see it. It may have been cleaned up with a Scotch Brite pad or something at one point. Not sure. The scuffs are longitudinal, not around the circumference of the cyl.