WTB: SBH grip frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mar

Bearcat
Looking for stainless steel SBH Hunter grip frame (round trigger guard). The grip frame and black laminate grip frame panels that are on the SBH 44 mag, SS, 3.75" barrel (model # 0817) or one from a Hunter model be great but doesn't have to be that exact models. Looking to swap this grip frame for the one on my NM flattop 45colt/45ACP convertible.
Thanks
Marshall

RatCat454

Single-Sixer
Brownells has new stainless Hunter for $109, "black/gray" laminate grip panels for $33. The new "in the rough" are pretty close to current production gun finished dimensions. Good for someone with current gun, not so good for those messing with older NMs.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Be aware that if your gun is a Flat Top and you are going to mate a Super Blackhawk grip frame to it, there is a trifle amount of work to be done. The projections into the rear of the cylinder frame must be ground off, and a recess milled into the area adjacent to the trigger slot.

No big deal, but just be aware the mutation is not so simple as it once was.

Bob Wright

Leadhound

Bearcat
The grip frame on the TALO version is the same as all new model Blackhawks, the Hunter is the length of the super Blackhawk, maybe a shorthair longer, just with round trigger guard.

RatCat454

Single-Sixer
mar, what is the model # of your gun?

If it as Leadhound suggests, the sourced Hunter grip frame from Brownells and others may work as well, and most likely better, as randomly taking something from another production gun.

If as Bob Wright implies, probably cost effective to swap/sell/trade for something more agreeable.

mar

Bearcat
RatCat454,
The model # is 05243.
Scott,
I'll keep you in mind for grip panels is I go with the grip frame from Brownells and not a take off one.
Thanks for everyone's help on this.

RatCat454

Single-Sixer
I have no experience with the NM flat tops.

Here's the Ruger page:

https://www.ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkConvertible/specSheets/5243.html

Hunter grip frame at Brownells:

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/grip-frames/grip-frame-hunter-ss-prod18828.aspx

And MidwayUSA:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/589535/ruger-grip-frame-ruger-hunter-stainless-steel

Leadhound

Bearcat
The flat tops have the XR3 size, Colt SAA style, same as on the New Vaquero

New model Blackhawks have the XR3-red, slightly larger, as do these, Vaquero, New Model single six, and the shorter than 7-1/2 " super Blackhawks.

The Hunter has the Super Blackhawk grip, similar to 1860 colt, longer than the others, only with round trigger guard.