[SPF] S&W M586-4 6" .357 Magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Oregon45

Single-Sixer
This is a great revolver that I'm just not shooting enough.

Smith & Wesson M586-4
.357 Magnum
6" barrel
Square butt

This is a pre-lock gun, and incorporates all of the best S&W revolver features and none of the manufacturing short-cuts S&W later incorporated into the line. If you are looking for a DA .357 that you can shoot extensively with magnum loads but still enjoy looking at, this is your revolver :grin:

The hammer and trigger are forged and case hardened; the firing pin is mounted to the hammer and the blue finish is very well done. The gun is factory drilled and tapped for a scope base and has a removable rear sight in case you want to use a scope. The gun is in very nice condition, as can be seen, and it has proven quite accurate for me with a range of handloads. The marks on the cylinder near the cylinder face are residual lead fouling from cast bullet shooting; I cleaned off most of it but didn't take the time to scrub it all the way off.

The previous owner (I bought this gun used about 7-years ago) likely installed a reduced power spring kit--the DA pull is very smooth and a lighter than a factory gun; the single action pull remains crisp and trigger return is positive. I have had intermittent light strikes with Winchester pistol primers, but the gun has reliably ignited CCI and Federal primers both magnum and standard.

I do not have the original grips, but the gun will ship with your choice of Pachmayr grips as shown in the picture below.

Price is $650 shipped to your FFL. The gun will ship from an FFL via FedEx in a plastic hard case. Payment by check or money order; thanks.

YE0eWmK.jpg

CPpM9nz.jpg

JD9D1RK.jpg

Msg5EFz.jpg

4MASV98.jpg

2LGIEne.jpg