Sold: Ruger Old Model Super Blackhawk .44 Mag - 1967

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Someone loved this 1967 Super Blackhawk enough to invest a lot of hours building a custom lined and fitted wood case for it, as well as customizing the grips with some unique carving. Non-prefix model S47 in overall nice condition with some areas of finish loss. The worst wear is on the left edge of the top strap where there are a few spots that have turned to shallow pitting. There is also some holster wear and a cylinder line. The case contains what appears to be a homemade slotted cleaning rod. The case has two internal compartments with fitted lids, and a cartridge block with 28 holes.

I'd like to sell it as a set, but if someone wants the case by itself, I would sell it for $125 + shipping. If the case sells, I will reduce the gun by $125.

UPDATE: The case has been sold, so I will delete the pics of the box and gun in box.

SPF $550 (was $675 w/case) shipped FFL to FFL.

So I also got an offer for the grips alone. I won't sell them unless someone buys the gun w/o grips first.
If you want just the gun without the grips, it would be $500 shipped FFL to FFL.

S47-27641-02.JPG

S47-27641-03.JPG

S47-27641-04.JPG

S47-27641-05.JPG

S47-27641-06.JPG

S47-27641-07.JPG

S47-27641-08.JPG

S47-27641-09.JPG

S47-27641-10.JPG

S47-27641-11.JPG

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Thumbcocker said:
Converted or not converted?

Not converted. Large frame conversion hammers do not have the wide spur (Ruger didn't make a special Super Blackhawk wide spur conversion hammer, instead just using the one for large frame Blackhawks), so it is easy to tell if a Super Blackhawk has been converted by looking at the hammer. Interestingly, it is the opposite for Bearcats - the Bearcat conversion hammer has a wide spur and the original does not. For Single Sixes and all other Blackhawk models, the hammers look the same when down, so then the clue is in the trigger. Conversion triggers have a hump behind them right at the grip frame point. And for Super Blackhawks, the conversion trigger is not wide and serrated like the original.

Wow, nice package!! someone put a lot of effort in lining that mahogany case,,,had to do a double take as that number is consecutive to our early Mark I target,#27642.......hmmmmm :roll:

( radical One has me now looking at numbers!! 8)

JFB

Hunter
I hate to split that case from the SBH. I would like case, but willing to give the purchuser of the revolver first dibs.

(I don't need the SBH I have so I can't take both)

JFB, Buy the case, well worth it!!! :shock:

Bob, too late been there, done that, here are three of lauras guns all serial number #3102 and she has a Bearcat just a couple of digits away........ 8) :roll:

oncvkofm.jpg

Back to the top !! someone buy Bobs' gun,, that is a fine deal........... :wink: