SOLD:Winchester 1885 High wall falling block trapper 30-40

Help Support Ruger Forum:

louiethelump

Buckeye
SOLD

I bought this rifle new from a dealer here in Florida. It is one of (per my research) 150 in this configuration and chambering. It is a trapper with a 16 1/4" barrel and iron sights. The one I have listed is serial number 20. It was a limited run that included similar numbers in 45-70, and 38-55 in addition to the 30-40. It has a saddle ring and a metal butt plate.

I fired 6 rounds of factory Remington 180 grain soft points and it has so disturbed the arthritis in my right shoulder that I have shot no more. Shoulder still not healed and it has been about 6 months.

The rifle is new other than the 6 rounds fired. Made by Mirouku and a beautiful rifle.

I paid just under $1000 for the rifle and I planned to keep this rifle forever, but since I cannot shoot it without injury, there is no point.

I am offering it here for $750.00 shipped from my dealer to yours.

fAwJXbw.jpg

At that price somebody could almost afford a RIFLE barrel. The action and wood are worth that much!

I looked at that same gun in .45-70 and took two Excedrin instead....

eastbank

Single-Sixer
I have all three in the carbine series with the same serial number, 45-70, 38-55, 30-40 krag.

I've seen one just like that for sale at a couple of shows hereabouts. In fact I almost traded for it. Then came to my senses. I knew it was gonna be a real whoopensocker.

eastbank

Single-Sixer
you don,t have to shoot top loads in them. I shoot the Russian 44 mosin rifles and load then down to 30-30 speeds and lower.