WTB- 500L Maximum Brass (proper headstamp)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

badubet

Bearcat
Update-
Interested in buying a 500 Linebaugh Long(Maximum). Acquired
Interested in picking up some 500 Max brass primarily with the proper headstamp

princeout

Blackhawk
Check with MaxP on this site. He had one for sale last year and I can't recall if anyone picked it up.
Properly headstamped brass is really pricey, which I guess you've already discovered. For everyday use, just buy 50 Alaskan brass from Starline and trim it down. I only have a handful of the 500 Max stamped cases and have only seen them for sale twice in the last several years.
Tim

badubet

Bearcat
princeout said:
Check with MaxP on this site. He had one for sale last year and I can't recall if anyone picked it up.
Properly headstamped brass is really pricey, which I guess you've already discovered. For everyday use, just buy 50 Alaskan brass from Starline and trim it down. I only have a handful of the 500 Max stamped cases and have only seen them for sale twice in the last several years.
Tim

I'll check with Max. Yea, I just want a cylinder or two full of proper brass to have. I'll use the trimmed down stuff for shooting. Thanks

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
Nothing wrong with a stretch framed SA revolver in 500 S&W. I have two of them. Ballistic twins, except brass is much easier to attain at much lower cost, even lower than 50 Alaskan brass. I also have a stretch framed SA in 475 Maximum, with plenty of P-H-S brass.

badubet

Bearcat
ryanc.ross said:
You may want to reach out to John Gallagher....
I will if I'm going to get one made. Currently trying to find one that's already been converted. I'm missed out on one several weeks ago on GB.

princeout

Blackhawk
Ryan,
No problem!!
I actually grabbed the link from his Facebook page. Looks like it is down.
Tim

7p's

Single-Sixer
I've got both items you're looking for, ie: a 500 Linebaugh Maximum made by David Clements, 190 virgin Hornady 500 Linebaugh Maximum Cases and a box containing 12 loaded 450 grain 500 Linebaugh Maximum cartridges manufactured by Grizzly Cartridge Company originally out of Rainier, Oregon plus many new & used cases made from 50 Alaskan brass. Here's the previous ad that was posted here.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=253732&p=2543727#p2543727

7p's

Single-Sixer
Several people looking for proper head stamped Linebaugh Max brass - the Hornady Max brass I have will either go with my revolver or after the revolver sells, if the revolver buyer decides not to purchase the brass.

badubet

Bearcat
7p's said:
Several people looking for proper head stamped Linebaugh Max brass - the Hornady Max brass I have will either go with my revolver or after the revolver sells, if the revolver buyer decides not to purchase the brass.
Keep me posted if it doesn't sell. Good luck.

Latest posts