Deleted.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SAJohn

Hunter
I consider this the finest concealed carry handgun ever made. I do recommend that the buyer install rubber grips. I have carried mine for 40 years and will never give it up. Think about a Ruger GP100 .44 special but one pound lighter and still all steel construction..

I ended up selling mine recently, I've got some other 44 Specials. I wish I hadn't they are nice. I've got a new model Bulldog and like it, along with some others. I am inclined to agree with SAJohn. That is a fine example there.

led

Single-Sixer
I've owned an original and currently own an example from the latest generation. Best carry gun ever!

Later,
Stephen

Cholo

Staff member
I bought one in '81 and still love it! You will not be disappointed. Keep it loaded with reasonable loads and it will be a pleasure, almost. Or you can be like Forum member, gramps, and load it hot enough to make a grown man cry :)

I'd say get some pachmayer grips coming for it. Makes a difference with some of the better SD ammo. For inexpensive ammo, use cowboy ammo. For PD ammo I use CCI 200 jhp. That big hole might make the difference in the bad guy seeing the error of his way and having to shoot someone.

Texgun

Bearcat
OK, good. I saw this comment and thought is was to me:
"Yeah and stay away if you can't use common sense and courtesy."
Guess not.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Texgun said:
OK, good. I saw this comment and thought is was to me:
"Yeah and stay away if you can't use common sense and courtesy."
Guess not.
That's aimed at sellers that replace their legit ad and title and posts with the word delete.