Contender carbine 30-30 now $500 shipped DFW

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
G1 TC carbine with a factory 30-30 barrel, 21 inches in length D&T for a 4 hole base but has a mid barrel rear sight and front sight currently. Very good trigger.

The stock is a Boyd's Nutmeg? laminate. Looks like it was sold unfinished and the PO sanded it and probably used spray lacquer as a finish. As a woodworker, it's been difficult not to correct the sanding issues and refinish lol, but it's perfectly adequate for a field gun. LOP measures to just over 14 inches with a plastic buttplate, so a recoil pad would bring it up to comfortable adult male length or use as-is for a youth gun.

This would be a nice little rig to get a kid in the field this deer season.

I haven't shot this barrel. I picked the package up for the frame but I have two G2s and it's easier just having one frame type since they take different stocks. There are improved versions of the 30-30 (AI and Reeder has one that's a bit hotter) that'd be an easy rechamber for a little more oomph.

I have a Pachmayr grip and walnut one screw forend that can go with the gun if desired for an additional $40.