WTT Ruger Super Redhawk for a Redhawk (Colorado)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ref4444

Bearcat
Would like to trade my LNIB 9.5" Super Redhawk .44 Mag for a LNIB 7.5" Redhawk .44 Mag. Mine has been fired 40-50 times with mild reloads...not even any factory rounds.
It is just too heavy for an old man. It has the rings (scope never mounted) and correct box with papers.

Would prefer a 7.5" Redhawk without the scope ring capability....might consider a 5.5" model.

Estimated value of each revolver is $700.

Rogmatt

Bearcat
If you cant find the right trade, I have a S&W Model 686-1 stainless with 6" barrel (357) that I would consider trading for the 9.5". Thank you sir. It is worth a little more than yours but I regret selling my 9.5 and have been looking for the right opportunity.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
I'm not interested in a trade but with your stated weight reduction preference, perhaps instead consider my Ruger Redhawk 5026 (4" barrel) which I bought new Nov 2014, yet never been fired? I'm in the process of reducing my firearms "arsenal", however haven't yet advertised this revolver anywhere. Original box, documents and test round included.

ref4444

Bearcat
I appreciate both offers, but.....

First, several years ago, I was into almost every caliber with dies, bullets, powders, brass, etc. all over the place. I finally decided to to reduce the size of my hobby by reducing the calibers I shoot....and now only reload .44 Mag/Spec, .45 ACP, and .308. .38/.357 didn't make the cut. I have been tempted to return, but have resisted....so far.

Second, I prefer a longer barrel thus my preference for the 7.5" barrel over the 5.5" barrel. I know it adds weight, but stepping down from the 9.5" Super Redhawk to the lighter Redhawk, but still a longer barrel, has been my goal. I am primarily a target shooter from a bench, and a 4" barrel simply doesn't help my aging eyes and steadiness as does a longer barrel. Also, like you, I am trying to reduce my numbers; even a trade doesn't help in that regard, and a new purchase really doesn't help.

Let me see what develops. I have been away from the Ruger Forum for a year or two and would like to get re-established.

hittman

Staff member
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=253822

Know it's not a trade deal but here's a really really nice Redhawk for sale right on this board.

ref4444

Bearcat
Thanks for the tip...I had missed that one. I guess I am being too picky....don't need nor want the scope capability and really prefer the SS model.