Sold: Alan Harton 5 shot 45 Bisley stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

squawberryman

Single-Sixer
This is unfired since Robb had it built. It is prettier than the pictures. It is also half the price of a new well that I need. 3K shipped to your FFL. PB wouldn't let me rotate. Please ask

In the interest of full disclosure, I sold this gun to the current owner but I did not have it built. The original owner who commissioned it from Alan (and never shot it) sold it and another custom by Ben Forkin here on the forum about a year ago. Zeus and I thumb wrestled over who would buy which one and he bought this but I knew it was only a matter of time before I talked him out of it and I did. I only let the current owner buy the gun when I decided to take my youngest son on a CO elk hunt and needed the funds. That is the back story but the seller is right, the gun is unfired since it left Alan Hartons shop. He is also right in that is at a substantial discount to having the same gun built today.

princeout

Blackhawk
Beautiful grips as well!!
Glad it is stainless so I don't have to start counting my change.
Tim

Bandm

Bearcat
Alan made the grips, he did a fantastic job on the entire build. I've had regrets since selling it but hopefully someone will buy it and enjoy it for a long, long time.

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
The sidewall thickness on that cylinder is ridiculous. For anybody not in love with stainless guns just imagine that with nitre blue pins and other accents, and pull the trigger. It'd be so easy and cheap to dress up if that's your style. I need to stop having these tempting visions...

princeout

Blackhawk
Beautiful gun! I've got a blue one just like it from Alan - currently waiting on the call to send it off for new ram's horn grips from Rob Rowan.

If you like 45's, these 5 shots can do about everything!

Tim

Axehandle

Buckeye
Dang! The more I look the more I sure do like that. If I wasn't looking to have a pair of new paper punchers built and selling guns right at left to properly support my paper puncher habbit I'd sure be tempted...

Status
Not open for further replies.