Birdhead Vaqueros offers or trade

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Large frame 45 colt Birdhead Vaqueros. The SS grip frames and ejector rod housings are from original Vaqueros, the grips are some of Zane's work, buckeye burl. These are in super condition I say 98% at least.

Asking $1,300.00 or offers plus shipping from GA FFL to your FFL or FTF within GA.

Would also entertain a trade for a Turnbull Blackhawk

350t1f5.jpg

32zibmd.jpg

k5c8h.jpg

2znn9fa.jpg

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
No, one of our other members has the blue grips frames and ejector rod housing. and who knows what Bryan did with them. You could sell the stainless grip frames for more than what you would have to pay for as new blue frames. Or have the stainless blued my, last email with ruger they were considering doing it for nothing.

Jowit58

Bearcat
Few questions, if you'll permit:

What is barrel length on these 2 pistols?
Are the triggers and hammers s.s., as well as the grip frame and ejector rod housings?
Any ideas on the type of wood in the grips?

Regards

Jowit58

Bearcat
Thank you Sir, for your prompt responses.

Those sure are 2 fine looking Vaquero pistols
But, I am going to pass. Good Luck.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
5card, are you telling me you have all the as new items, Ruger grip frames and ejector rod housings in blue, to put these guns back to original as they were shipped from the factory ???

5card

Blackhawk
I have as new grip frames but the ejector rod housing are used. You know on the grip frames as I have sold you some in the past. I would have to look at the ejector rod housiings. They came with a pair of Bisleys I purchased. The ones on the gun are steel and these are the factory Ruger ejector rod housings. I am not sure if there is any blue wear or nor if you want them I will try to find them and send you a pic

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Are they Ruger grip frames or from another mfg. I'd would like to see some photos of the frames and the ejector rod housing if you please.

Regards
Jim