FS .500 Maximum by Huntington Best Grade Custom OFF TO AUCT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MaxP

Buckeye
I am selling off a few of my revolvers to push another two projects along. This is one I hate getting rid of, but here it is. This is a best grade (meaning no expense was spared in its construction and finishing work) custom Ruger Maximum by JRH Advanced Gunsmithing - Jack Huntington. It features a five-shot oversized counter-bored cylinder in .500 Maximum, with a Belt Mountain No. 5 base pin and a free-wheeling pawl. The action is blocked and is as smooth as butter. The grip frame has been modified to give you more room between your middle knuckle and the trigger guard and it is rounded off with a set of custom English walnut grips by Huntington. The 6 1/2-inch banded barrel is by PacNor and features a front site with replaceable FA blades. The rear site is a Bowen Target unit. This is a serious caliber for even the biggest game on this planet, and is a fight stopper. It is very accurate as well. Huntington has an unlimited warranty policy on his revolvers for the life of the gun no matter the owner. It is in excellent condition. I would like $4,800.00 firm shipped FFL to FFL. You would not be able to duplicate this revolver at this price, and it truly pains me to sell it. Cashiers Check or money order only. Am willing to work out a payment plan if necessary.

It was also featured prominently in all three of my books. It can be seen on the back cover of my first book, the Gun Digest Book of Big-Bore Revolvers. It has also appeared in an article in the NRA's American Hunter a few years back and will make an appearance in an upcoming feature in the same magazine.

This revolver was built with hunting big-game in mind and back-up duty and it was used by me to take some animal flesh (black bear, wild boar, water buffalo), to include stopping an irate 1,000-lb Watusi that intended to stomp me into submission.

THIS REVOLVER IS OFF TO AUCTION:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/643786347

_VJR1798.jpg

14-18.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

P1020590.jpg

P1020956.jpg

P1020631.jpg

14-19.jpg

Here is the Watusi that intended to do me harm that I sorted out with the .500 Maximum:

IMG_3753.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
I asked the wife and she said no. I normally dont try to muck up for sale ads with mindless chatter but that's a truly magnificent revolver!!

CraigC

Hawkeye
I have handled and shot this sixgun and it is spectacular in every way! Were we not in the middle of a bathroom remodel that is costing us double what we expected, I'd be all over it!

princeout

Blackhawk
Max,
That's a beauty! Wish you were closer so we could take a family portrait with yours and mine together! That make a nice calendar or poster shot!
Tim

RJK

Single-Sixer
I've been dreaming about this fine piece for years. Now its up for sale and I think the wife would leave me if i Bought haha. Free bump. Who knows if it sits much longer I may just leap.

princeout

Blackhawk
Great pictures Max! Someone will be getting a nice example of quality work from a skilled gunsmith.
Tim