SPF: Rare Duplicate SN (990xxx range) Old Model Bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
These are very rare; old model Bearcat from 1968, when the normal serial number range was 5 digits and just into six digits, from 9xxxx into 112xxx. The Bearcat never did normally make it above 114xxx (in 1969) before the prefixed numbers started. It is assumed that this was a method for dealing with duplicate serial numbers accidentally stamped on guns in the 9xxxx range by adding the extra 9 to the serial numbers (note how it is not in line with the rest of the SN). There were about 1200 of these made, this one being in the middle of the range, a 3-digit example of the type. Condition is in the 98-99% range with some handling marks as seen and a scuff on the right grip panel. A little nick on the backstrap as well. No box or papers.

SPF $615 shipped FFL to FFL.

U7ePKPr.jpg

tlxuebs.jpg

pEolGDh.jpg

K9eFEHI.jpg

HjU5H9e.jpg

Suvi1Kh.jpg

UcAyeTp.jpg

p1RCcdw.jpg

If I said I hate you would you feel bad? :D :D I would love that gun but four new tires, new glasses/frames and one new Shopkeeper last month have SEVERELY depleted my funds. Hope whoever gets it takes REAL good care of it

street

Hunter
When was the last time you saw one of these for sale?????????????? Look at the amount of finish that is left on it. You may never find one this nice and for this price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!