WTS- Rare Texas Longhorn Arms 41 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Never thought this one would be for sale but a truly unique opportunity has presented itself so a few need to go. This is a TLA West Texas Flat Top Target in 41 Magnum. Steve Webb, who is writing a book on TLAs and is considered the authority on these rare guns says that the WTFTT was the rarest of the four TLA models and 41 mag one of the rarest calibers. So far we know of two or three other individual WTFTT in 41 mags out there besides this one. This gun has a 7 1/2" barrel. color case frame, black powder base pin system and a longer grip frame. It also loads form the left side like the rest of Bill Grover built guns. The price is not for the faint of heart but commiserates with the quality and rarity of the gun. The shipped price USPS Priority mail is $5125.00. A person would be a fool to have this gun shipped without insurance so once it is spoken for I will find out the cost to fully insure it when shipped and let the buyer decide if they want to add that to the price. I will leave this gun here for a few days then move it to auction. Guys I need to note that due to the circumstances, I can not accept any trades on this gun and any payment plan would have to be VERY short term.

The first "I'll Take It" followed by a confirming PM gets this jewel moved to their safe.

Thank you for looking.

Robb

71shooter

Single-Sixer
Rob,

If you get no bites, you might try to contact John Taffin. He might be a member here, but I see him post on singleactions dot com quite a bit. Bill Grover was a friend of John's.
Matt

gw425

Single-Sixer
That revolver is fantastic Robb! On a side note, has anybody heard when Steve's book will be coming out? Should be fantastic reading.

Greg

gw425

Single-Sixer
If I had the cash handy, that revolver would be mine. Still waiting on that 414 tho....*g*

Greg

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
I'm back from the Koyukuk moose hunting but didn't see this till now. I think this is one of the prettiest guns I've ever owned--and have kicked myself for the 15-ish years since I sold it. What allowed me to part with it originally was the longer barrel--my eyes just don't do well with handguns over about 5.5-6".

It remains the nicest TLA I've had the pleasure to hold, let alone own. Can't imagine any gun enthusiast would be sad to have this beauty.

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
The thought of cutting it down crossed my mind more than once. Would be truly sad though considering how rare these beauties are.

cubrock

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes said:
Shoot Will, buy the gun, send it to Alan to rebarrel with a new sight and save the original barrel to reinstall if you want later. So simple! :D

True that.