WTS Linebaugh Custom 500L

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
As much as I do not want to do this, I need to sell a few of my customs

First is one that I thought that I would never part with - a Linebaugh Custom 500L. When I bought this from a fellow forum member, it had a jewelled hammer and trigger and a Pachmayr flush mount sling swivel base installed in the grip frame. I took it to Jim Stroh and had him remove the jewelling and weld up and re-blue the grip frame. I also had him install his front sight which also required a re-blue of the barrel. I sent the hammer off to be case colored because I think it looks better.

This is an early Linebaugh conversion - note that the frame was not re-marked with the caliber designation - however, the barrel is marked. I called and talked to John and he gave me a bit of history on this gun and confirmed that it was built before he started marking the frames. Also, when he built the gun, the frame was blued. He surmised that it had been sent to Hamilton Bowen for case coloring and that Bowen re-attached the bolt block as evidenced by the bolt block screw (John solders them in place).

The grips are Ajax Sambar Stag and fit exceptionally well.

$3250 shipped. The gun will go from my FFL dealer to yours via USPS Priority insured. Overnight shippin can be arranged - buyer pays the difference.

Here's a few pics taken before I had the hammer case colored. I will add updated pics if there's interest.

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
This is such a cool piece. Don't see many of his early builds with the block screw--and certainly not many with the CCH--bet it looks sweet with the matching hammer.

Really like the stroh style front sight too--someone is going to get a super nice rig here.

cubrock

Blackhawk
This was without a doubt one of the nicest customs I ever owned. Sorry you are having to part with it. It is an exceptional piece (and looks much better without the jeweling!). Whoever gets this one will have a crown jewel of a custom gun and one that a couple of us Forum brothers have gotten to caretake.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Yes, Steve this one is a tough one to let go. I also added a Bowen rear sight and steel ERH since you sent it to me. It is very nice and the last of my Linebaugh built guns. Very hard to part with, but life's challenges take priority and I do have other customs to ease the pain. :(

cubrock

Blackhawk
It definitely looks better than when I had it. I understand what you are going through to some extent. Most of my customs have gone to other homes over the last year and change due to higher priorities that aren't gun related. I've found that I don't miss them that much once they are gone - that taking care of what is truly important drowns that out for the most part. Hopefully you find the same.

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
When was the last time you held a gun worked on by three of the finest? Pretty cool to have one beauty built by Linebaugh, and messages a bit by. Bowen and then Stroh. Pretty cool indeed.