Sold....WTS: King Super Target Colt Conversion...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bushog

Single-Sixer
For sale is my last Colt Officer's model .38 special converted by the King Gunsight company. Super target rib and sights, cockeyed hammer and short pull cocking. Mirror is in the front sight. I'm not a King expert but this is a very nice gun. Now for the bad part. The grips are horrid. They'll work but they are what they are. The other issue is that the cylinder bolt does not always lock up the cylinder when it's closed. I'm confident a good cleaning would fix this but I never had the intestinal fortitude to take it apart.

$850 to your FFL in the CONUS. Be sure your FFL holder will accept a gun from a non FFL holder.

First "I'll take it" followed by a PM gets it.

P2230001_zps788848fa.jpg

P2230002_zpsd3be329e.jpg

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
I picked up one of these at a gun show a few weeks ago having read about them but never handling one. Mine had the same timing issue which ended up being a $3 bolt return spring (though I tweaked a couple of other things while apart). For takedown, cleaning, and the spring swap you need little knowledge and skill or tools but HAVE TO resist the urge to tinker with anything else :)

The internals of these guns are impressive. The short pull action is awesome, the DA has minimal/no stacking is smooth and has a good weight, and the SA is perfect. Love the sights, hammer, and all the knurling on the gun.

I had a hard time determining a value for these guns, but feel like I got a fair deal. Given the superior condition of your gun I think yours is a fair price as well. With old Colts, originality (King conversions count I think) and condition are everything.

For the money and considering the price of Pythons, I think these are a pretty good value.