Gary Reeder Montana Hunter 356 GNR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tas6691

Bearcat
Gary Reeder Montana Hunter in 356 GNR. Awesome 100 yard deer or hog gun, its like a rifle in your hands! Gold bead front sight, express rear, VERY ACCURATE! Reeder charges $1400 on YOUR gun to build this plus an 8 to 12 month wait!

I have 4 boxes of ammo and one full box of brass, a set of dies and Garys loading data book that is included. The ammo is 180 grain and 140 grain and are loaded by Cartridge Performance Engineering. The ammo sells for $50 and $55 per 50. The dies Sell for $100 and the load book sells for $20. All is included with the pistol.
$1900 Will get the gun shipped to your FFL and the rest shipped to you.
I am in Georgia

Axehandle

Buckeye
Sure looks nice.. Tell us more. Looks like 5 shot cylinder? Is it D&T for a Leupold base? That ammo and brass has a 356GNR head stamp doesn't it. Bisley style hammer? Is that Gary's magnum grip frame? Danged glad to see it isn't a Bisley. Would you consider selling it without the loading manual, ammo, brass, and dies?

Axehandle

Buckeye
If I'm not mistaken the 356GNR is a Reeder cartridge that CPE has 356GNR headstamped brass for. I understand that this can be a factor for those who travel to Africa to hunt.

tas6691

Bearcat
Sorry guys, its been a very stressful week and period for me. To answer some questions...

This gun was built on a Super Blackhawk with the round trigger guard. It has Garys gunfighter grip frame treatment with very nice dark walnut stocks built for it. It features a custom 5 shot cylinder, custom 6 1/2" barrel, Bisley hammer and trigger. The sights are a gold bead front and express rear.

The 356 GNR is a 41 mag case necked down to 358 and is very easy to reload and extremely accurate. I ordered the dies and loading book from Reeder shortly after acquiring the gun.

The CPE ammo is custom loaded by them to Reeders specs and does indeed feature 356 GNR head stamped brass. As Axehandle mentioned that feature will resolve any issues from taking this ammo to a foreign country.

I would be more than will to split this package up any way the purchaser desires. Just send me a PM and we can certainly come to an agreeable deal.