WTS 500 Linebaugh Long/Maximum.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Hoping to free a little toy money for another gun or two I certainly hope to find in the near future. Not really sure I want to sell both, but will happily part with one of the two--if two folks jump in and take them so be it, but after one sells, may withdraw the other. Will have these here through the weekend, and move one or both to auction if not sold. Just wanted to give you fine folks first looksie.

1). Minty 500 Linebaugh Long, aka Maximum. It appears to be one John made in Missouri by the dots on either side of his serial number. Has counter sunk case heads in cylinder and perfectly fit grips. Could pull them off if someone wanted me to look, but if I recall that have Dustin Linebaugh written on them in pen. Gun is truly in sweet, welled cared for condition. I did note that when firing Hornady proper heads tamped brass, you need to use large rifle primers as pistol primers seat too deep and some rounds end with a short strike. No issue with rifle primers as the load I used called for anyway. I discovered by mistake when I accidentally loaded with pistol primers. I have a fair amount of 50 Alaskan brass trimmed to size by John Linebaugh and Ben Forkin that I would offer to the buyer. I also have about 90 pieces of proper head stamped brass that I would offer the buyer if the gentleman I purchased from didn't want it back. The brass isn't included in the sale, but would offer at my cost. The head stamped brass is akin to hen's teeth, so wanted to offer it back to the kind gent who passed them to me first if the gun sells.

I am asking $3,500 shipped. This is the conversion price from John (check his website), so you save the years wait and get an essentially free maximum base gun. I will include the hand written note from him that he sent with the trimmer brass with load info.

I will admit I really like a blued gun with stainless grip frame, not a two-tone guy generally--but this thing is pretty.

image_zps22c69d34.jpg

image_zps60f995fe.jpg

2). Fairly basic, but minty 500 Linebaugh.

This is simply a basic conversion by John. It's an earlier conversion that went essentially unused and remains with excellent bluing and of course vault tight. I have a set of beautiful English walnut grips that Scott Kolar made for the gun that are gorgeous, hoped to put them on another Linebaugh that's headed north, but if buyer wants them, would include them at my cost. Price is for the gun with factory grips contoured and serial stamped at the time of the conversion.

Asking $2650 shipped.

image_zpsa0a37cd9.jpg

image_zps640b0047.jpg

image_zpsf4bf8acd.jpg

image_zps722bd5ff.jpg

First I'll take it rules over PM. Both guns for sale until I pull/withdraw one. Please feel free to email or call with questions. Nine zero 7 394. 3611

Thanks,

Will

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
The ivory micarta grips on the Max do appear to be By Dustin Linebaugh. There is a "DL" over the serial on inside of panel.

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Thanks. You should see the benches I had the same guy make for my wife's birthday. They turned out so nice we had the entry table done.

My have to retake photos of the Linebaugh Maximum in the table as quickly as the first gun sold.

Open to trade ideas towards other Linebaugh's, Bowen's, Clements or TLA's.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Trade offers coming! PTL! You guys get busy and get right quick! Lord knows this old man doesn't need another 500 Linebaugh Long.. :shock:

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
The right deal hasn't arisen yet--although sleeping on Axe's beautiful trade offer. Still hoping to sell outright, but if someone doesn't claim it soon, looking like this thing may get sent to the vortex short of auction.

Zeus

Blackhawk
I keep looking at it. I "need" it but don't have anything to trade other than autographed photos of myself. They are absolutely worthless but if I send enough and make sure that more arrive in Alaska each day, Will may just send me the gun to get me to stop, or he will file a court order against me! Hahahahaha

In all seriousness, I'm not a stainless cylinder in a blued gun pinto gun guy. BUT. For some reason, this gun calls to me. I really like the looks of it. The stainless gripframe and stocks really set it off!

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Glenn, you know one little thing you could send north with that stainless vaquero to make it all happen. Your gun would never be more than a phone call away, and would even have some of those cute pictures of yourself to keep it company.

You could play with the Max and if you found it didn't suit, you could always easily part with it for a likely profit.

Axehandle

Buckeye
There are specifics about this 500 Max, that haven't been talked here in open forum, that should make it more attractive to Linebaugh fans. Am I going to let the cat out of the bag? No... Until Will says he will trade with me the fewer details that get out the better. I'll explain and post pictures when it gets here... :wink:

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Well, since the cat's still int he bag, I may have to move this to auction. I have waved back and forth just keeping it since this thing is simply cool, and John isn't making many of them, the base guns are getting harder to find, this one appears to have one of the few stainless grip frames John actually made (his hammer and trigger too I believe but cannot confirm--understand this from another forum member), and since John isn't going to make guns forever, I know the prices of these awesome works of steel artistry will go up. Stan, if that ivory handled TLA was a 45 the last several posts wouldn't even exist, but I am thinning the 44 herd leaning towards 45's.

I just bought another TLA 45, so need to put this beauty up for auction I guess.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Good enough Will. I appreciate the consideration. Made the best run at it this old retired guy could make under current conditions. Sure would have looked good beside my stainless grip framed Linebaugh 475 Long. Good luck on the auction.