WTS- 475 Max by John Linebaugh

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have to come realize that there is nothing I will ever hunt that will need a 475 Max or Long to put it down. This gun was built by John Linebaugh and he allowed the original owner to be there for the build as they built guns #1 and #2. This is gun #2 and it must have been a hand full for the original owner because he sent it to Magna-port for porting. The gun is beautiful and it wears ivory micarta grips. The gun also comes with 100 pieces of new 475 Max brass as well. The price is $3200 and you can pick your shipping method and cost and I will ship it that way then you can reimburse me for the shipping.

Currently John charges $3500 for one of these conversions and you still have to supply the 357 maximum gun or main frame on top of that. Basically you are getting the Max donor gun, 100 pieces of brass, and the porting for free and the conversion for a $300 discount. I will also look at a payment plan or two or three payments with shipment upon receipt of the FFL and final payment.

The first "I'll Take It" posted with a confirming PM gets it earmarked BUT the gun is listed on one other forum so the time stamp of the response is the deciding factor as to who gets the gun.

Thanks for looking,

Robb
IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3055_1.jpg

Lee, John and Mr. Fox built this gun along with gun #1 in July of 1990. If I recall the conversation I had with the family friend who helped in the transaction between Mrs. Fox and myself, this gun may have gone to Africa at least once and been used over there if the history is correct. Probably the closest I'll ever come to hunting in Africa! :lol:

Zeus

Blackhawk
I like the way John checkered the front of the trigger gaurd. Nice gun. If someone ever planned to own a true Linebaugh built max, this is a chance to save a LONG LONG LONG wait and a good chunk of money :)

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Robb, that is a beauty. Figures it would go come up during the roughly 60-day window I stray from the good and proper sixgun path. If I wasn't recently led astray on a bolt gun kick, this thing would already gone.

Folks, someone needs to snap this thing up. This thing just oozes cool, workmanship, history,---man I better stop as I am getting too excited.

Robb, simply put, very nice piece--as most yours are. Good luck with the sale.

Will, I actually thought of you as I was posting this gun. Especially since it came to Oregon out of Alaska! If it does not go to a new home soon it will probably to back to John to get rebarreled sans the ports.

Robb

handcannon475

Bearcat
So I did some digging around Google today, I came across this post and had to join in and respond...I purchased this Gun ( Linebaugh Long #2) and then shortly after had the opportunity to purchase #1 also....the set has returned together and are resting comfortably in my gun safe. If you would like to see them back together I would be happy to post some pictures. If you remove the grips, both have a date of 1990. Two different barrel lengths but both are identical guns. Thanks Robb for the opportunity to own this beautiful firearm. Matt

TULLYMARS

Single-Sixer
Yes indeed they are back together. I managed to get the chance to ogle these fine pieces this past weekend. They sure are sweet. I hope they are never separated again.

Latest posts