RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Please be careful!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 am 
Single-Sixer

I mentioned in one of the threads that I was looking for a old model 45 acp cylinder. Next day I received a PM thru this forum that this address (Colosales11@gmail.com) had one. I e-mailed this address and was told they had one and to send a Walmart to Walmart money transfer. I declined and said I would do a USPS money Order so I was instructed to send the money order to a Myrna Dryfhoult in Naperville Ill. Which I did . Never received the cylinder nor my payment. Contacted the USPS Inspectors via there Complaint Line but never heard from them. So I went to my local Police who Are handling the investigation. The USPS Money Order really does not protect you if the Postal Inspectors will not do anything. My local Police Officer told me the Post Officer will not even give them the info who and where the M.O. Was cashed and by whom without a Subpoena. Jus be aware of the to names I gave above. Will report back if the Local Polce can get any info.

Post subject: Re: Please be careful!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:34 am 
Blackhawk

I’ve had 3 longer distance BUYERS from my Armslist ads the last few months, NY, IL, and now OK. I’m the one telling them to be careful. I said, yeah, I’ll sell to you, just send the $$ & once it’s cleared & safe, I’ll ship. With the IL guy I went to his local FFL in my travels with him, for the transfer.

I always offer a refund, minus shipping if things are not as described, no takers.

I consider Armslist a face-to-face operation, even then with precautions. The background of the seller is key, with some a handshake can be enough. No I don’t sell a lot, just messaging the collection as I fine-tune specifics.

Post subject: Re: Be careful!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:57 pm 
Blackhawk

I would like to find where these people are so I could hunt them down and bring them back here. Then we could take care of them