Super Blackhawk 3 Screw Carbona Blued & Color Case Hardened

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JD Press

Bearcat
Ruger Old Model Super Blackhawk 3-Screw .44 Magnum 7-1/2 inch Barrel Made in 1969
Completely Refinished to Colt SAA Pre-War style finishes

$1,250. - $55. Shipping UPS Ground - Located in El Paso, Texas - [email protected]

.44 Magnum – 7-1/2 Inch Barrel
Old Model Super Blackhawk 3-Screw Version – Action Not Modified – No transfer bar
Serial Number: 80-08566
Manufactured in 1969
All original parts except for ejector rod housing and grips – The original aluminum ejector rod housing was replaced with a steel housing so it could be charcoal blued, increasing the weight of the revolver by approximately 0.9 ounces.
Completely Refinished to Colt SAA Pre-War style finishes

• Color Case Hardened Frame, Loading Gate and Hammer
• Carbona / Charcoal Blued Barrel, Trigger Guard, Backstrap, Cylinder & Ejector Housing
• Nitre (Fire) Blued Screws and accessories

Description of charcoal bluing: The charcoal or carbona bluing is a genuine pre-World War II type finish used by Colt and Winchester to blue their firearms from the late 1800's until about 1940. It is accomplished through the use of sterile steel parts heated in a forge with vaporized oil. This is a costly, labor intensive process that provides a true vintage finish that is also one of the most durable blued finishes. When viewed up close it appears to be an integral part of the steel rather than a surface finish. Both salt or hot blued and carbona blued finishes look excellent but the carbona finish has a lighter metallic luster when viewed directly or when light is reflected from the surface in comparison to the modern, darker color hot blued finishes.

A protective, clear lacquer coating has been applied to the color case hardened finishes.

Custom Two-Piece hardwood Grips were made by Joe Perkins of Classic Single Action in Tucson with Ziricote tropical hardwood including a hand-rubbed oil finish – Handmade and fit with Ruger Factory Contour, Bevel and medallions.

A complete, Premium Timing and Action Job was also completed by Joe Perkins of Classic Single Action.

The original factory grips in excellent condition are also included.

This single action revolver has not been fired or the cylinder turned since it was refinished in 2012.

No Factory Box or Papers

Weight: 48.1 Ounces (Without Cartridges)

A mint, old model Ruger Super Blackhawk that had only been fired 24 times was selected as the baseline for this refinishing project to keep buffing to an absolute minimum and preserve the original Ruger roll stamped markings. The revolver was refinishing in 2012. The Blackhawk was stored in a safe from 1969 until 2011.

Ground UPS shipping & insurance from my FFL to your FFL - $55.

Preferred payment is USPS Money Order – All other payment types including Bank & Cashier Checks will require a time delay to confirm clearance.

This revolver will be wrapped in heavy plastic and will ship to your FFL in a padded heavy-duty pistol rug. The hammer will be tie-wrapped with a nylon ladder-type flexible tie wrap prior to shipment.

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
Wow, what a beautiful revolver! I wouldn't be able to bring myself to shoot it!

If I manage to make my way down to El Paso before it's sold, perhaps you would be kind enough to let me fondle and admire it in person.

Free bump for a wonderful SBH.