Hate to do this, "Surgery Sale"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Don Lovel

Hunter
I have some serious issues with my C spine, bad disc & swelling C2, C3, C4 and other probems. C3 is swollen and pushing on the back of my esophagus making me gag and choke when the swelling gets bad. I will be 65 this year so I should get this done before I get any older. Living remote where we live I will have to go to Denver for neurosurgeon, trips back and forth are a tank of fuel each way and motels & meals. So I will probably go to Kansas City where I can stay with my daughters while healing up and have a real good neurosurgeon who gave my good friend his life back after 5 other hacks messed him up.
So to be able to do this and not get clobbered on deductible I need to buy some Medicare supplement policies and I will have to get all my bills caught up so while I am recouping I won't get behind. This takes spending cash.
SOLD Ruger #1, was 30-06, now 300 Win mag rechambered by Valley Gun in Monte Vista Colorado, a quality gunsmith. Accurate rifle, I elk hunted with it last October. Pretty wood. $700 + shipping & FFL transfer for rifle & rings, $825 with 8.5-25 x 50 AO side focus mildot reticle Sightmark scope. in the pictures this scope is on the M77 Target and Vortex is on the #1 in pics.

Ruger M77MkII Target, .243 gray finish & light brown laminate stock. Currently has a Vortex 3-9 scope on it. Very accurate with everything I have shot through it from 55gr to 105gr. Accuglass kit done, barrel channel is let out decently.
$800 for Rifle & Rings, $900 with scope + Shipping & FFL cost

SOLD 1943 Bysryka Mauser heavy stainless barrel target rifle in 30-06, Williams receiver sight and Lyman front sight, ugly looking tack driver built by an old school gunsmith. Last year at Whittington center, I was hammering a gong at 605yds with it, did not miss 40 shots in a row with CMP Greek Ball ammo. $300 +shipping & FFL cost. The old school gunsmith who built this did an incredible job, all numbers match, trigger was hand honed to crisp break by the guy who built it. Hidden gem of a cool rifle, be a perfect gun to teach a youngster to shoot on High Power competition range.
Added a takedown recurve bow with carbon arrows and muzzy broadheads setup for back country elk & Muley hunting.
Built by Western Archery in Poncha Springs, pretty laminate wood work. Packs down small & lightweight, 55lb pull - $200

I will take some better pics if you need to see them, let me know

Don Lovel

Hunter
led said:
Custom mauser in 30-06, very tempting, must resist.

Later,
Stephen

It is ugly, it is old school gunsmithing at it's coolest. The stock was made out of the original military stock, the palmswell is exactly the same as my Ruger 77 for sale here. The trigger is smooth with enough takeup to allow room for gloved finger to address the trigger, then breaks like a little glass rod. I would love a better rear sight, the Williams is maxed out for adjustment, but set where it is it is so dead on, I don't want to mess with it and just hold low or high as needed. Front Lyman type Globe uses peep & crosshair insets, I only have the one that came with it, but I have seen plastic sheets of all kinds of patterns to cut out on Ebay.
Byzryca is the area of Romania, Czechoslovakia, Hungary.
I really enjoy shooting this rifle on the silhouette range, it is just ugly n fun
I would love this to go to someone who really appreciates and will go shoot the crap out of it. Sometimes I take my Lee Loader tap out reloading kit, a bottle of IMR 4064, some primers and 168gr bullets to the range, shoot 20, reload, shoot them again, reload, take my time letting the gun cool down while reloading more. Great way to spend a day.
You think you want it, throw me $ or trade booty n $ I will work with you.

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Good luck Don I'm Gun poor at the moment Or I would grab that #1. I had the same surgery in 2013 shop around and find the better surgeon for that much work. Here's a photo of my work triple C with a cadaver bone added you can see the missing screws in the cage where the cadaver bone was installed.

Regards
Danny

~JM~

Single-Sixer
Do NOT have that procedure performed by any ole saw-bones.

You need the most highly skilled Neuro-Surgeon you can find.

Beware of the use of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP). Beware of cadaver bone also. Make sure that it is sourced from a reputable supply.

Good luck.

jsh

Single-Sixer
Don,if you get to KC, give me a holler. I always look forward to shaking other forum members hand.
If you don't move that ugly duckling, bring it along and I will do my best to have funds here for you. I am also pretty broke at the moment, but I could scratch that up I am prett sure.
Jeff
Pm sent

Don Lovel

Hunter
Thank you guys.
Pending sale on the #1
Mauser Target is sold
M77 has a nibble
I also have a real nice 55lb pull take down recurve bow with carbon arrows and muzzy broadheads, set up for back country elk hunting Bow built by Western Archery in Poncha Springs Colorado, lightweight easy to hunt back country with-$200