UPDATE!!!Raffle to support youth shooting--best raffle ever.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SK

Single-Sixer
I know many of you, as I do, look for ways to support youth shooting. Many of you know that I teach Air Force JROTC, and I have formed a new 3 position competitive air rifle team. We are a high school program and I consider us lucky just to have permission to associate this with school, even though we receive $0 funding from the school. I have more than 50 cadets shooting and have to fundraise to supply pellets, targets and rifles, slings, etc. It gets pretty expensive.

OK, the only reason I am posting this here is I really do think its a great cause and a great opportunity for someone to win a great prize. The prize is: Matching set of SKB 28g side by side shotguns that have consecutive serial numbers. I have them in my possession and they ARE BEAUTIFUL. The have never been assembled, and each comes in its own canvas/leather hard case. They have a compete set of screw in chokes.

Here's the deal, only 300 tickets are printed, I would be surprised if we sell 200. Tickets are $20. All stubs will be placed in a bucket and a winning ticket will be draw on Veterans Day. WINNER GETS BOTH SHOTGUNS

If you would like a ticket, you can contact me at [email protected] and we can do it via US MAIL, or you can Paypal $20 and I can mail you the stub, or take a pic of your filled I stub and email it to you, either way, pic is cheaper for us as every penny goes to the kids!

contender

Ruger Guru
Good luck on the raffle,,,, and the teams! I think it's excellent when we have folks working to get more youth into the shooting sports.
Now, I want to help, in a different way.
IMMEDIATELY contact the NRA Foundation rep in your area. He runs the FoNRA events that raise money for just such teams & all to be able to teach our youth.
I say to do this IMMEDIATELY because to get a grant from the Foundation, you have to apply,,, and the 2016 deadline is FAST approaching. It's Sept 30th in some areas, and Oct 15th in others.
You can go online to the Foundation & fill out a grant request for your area. Get it done & you can select stuff from the NRA store that is necessary to help the teams.
I'm on the WNC State grant fund committee,,, and our annual grant review process is early in November. Prioritize what you need, be realistic in your requests, and supply the necessary items, and you will most likely get some of what you ask for.

hittman

Staff member
Excellent advice from Contender! I was on our local FoNRA Executive Committee for a number of years. They can really hook you up.

Who do we make our check or money order payable to?

Email sent to you for your address info so I can buy mine.

Thanks.

SK

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys--im aware of the State funded NRA grant. I have applied, but merchandise wont be shipped until April, or May, and I didn't want to put the team on hold another school year. The most we will receive is 4 or 5 rifles, as they have only been approving $2500 worth of equipment. That's really tough with 50+ kids, have to buy targets, pellets, matts, slings, kneeling rolls. Its really overwhelming trying to get it all outfitted. This raffle will really help get us going.

contender

Ruger Guru
Excellent to hear you are putting in for a grant. And, yes, you are correct in that it takes time to get stuff,,,, and that can be hard on a team. But apply every year, get stuff granted to help soften the expenses. When they close the grant application process, they have to put them all together in a format where the committees can review them. (It'll help your team if you had a rep from your local FoNRA event who is behind the team & project, to speak on your behalf at the grant request workshop.) Our grant workshop is in early November, and once completed, it's submitted to the Foundation for final approval. And of course, once they finish their part, then they have to ship the materials approved. It does take time. BUT,,, by applying every year, you can get expendable supplies like the targets, pellets, ammo etc. And as long as your requests are kept reasonable, and you can show how many kids it affects,,, you can get a lot more approved.
If I can offer any more advice,,, do not hesitate to ask.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Okay SK that looks like a pretty good deal if you turn up lucky V-day. I'm in for two tickets so PM me your mailing address, I'm old fashion and still send out checks.

Soon as I receive the stubs I'll put my Mo-jo to work and pay the shipping if I win.

Regards
Jim G

SK

Single-Sixer
Thanks folks, the kids really appreciate the support. We have about 35 tickets left if anybody want any--only 300 total in the raffle.

Latest posts