no longer For Sale unfired USFA 45 colt / 45 ACP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike454

Single-Sixer
Unfired USFA. I am the original owner of this gun. It has been cycled, but is unfired. Small amount of bluing wear in cylinder notch leades on 45 colt cylinder. 100% made in usa gun 27xxx sn. Pics aren't the best but I can try to take some better ones if anyone is seriously interested. USPS money order please. First I'll take it gets it.

ea69c702-bb60-4af8-b2d8-6d2c531d160e_zpscdbasmzc.jpg

DSCN4170_zpsbh319sfq.jpg

DSCN4171_zpswkuasbn5.jpg

DSCN4172_zpsw8waacak.jpg.html

DSCN4182_zpsw686bfqx.jpg

DSCN4180_zpsr7ikmu8f.jpg

Hondo44

Hawkeye
That's just flat beautiful and early enough to still have the CCH hammer unless you ordered it that way.

The cyl latch is just a tad high in the back. The wear spots in the approach and in the cyl notches are off ctr.

mike454

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
That's just flat beautiful and early enough to still have the CCH hammer unless you ordered it that way.

The cyl latch is just a tad high in the back. The wear spots in the approach and in the cyl notches are off ctr.

Thanks, The gun was ordered with the case colored hammer option, It is a later gun SN #27xxx. Your right that the bolt nose could be slightly recontoured to good effect, though it still has plenty solid lockup. Several of mine could also use a bit filed of the area in front of the bolt to increase protrusion so the bolt bottoms out. I never bothered, they all seemed to run fine.

mike454

Single-Sixer
ryanc.ross said:
It has to do with the second notch of the hand. If you lengthen that, it will drop the bolt in the notch correctly.
The timing on the gun is great, the bolt drops within the notch leade. There is no cylinder scoring outside of the leade. Jim is saying that the bolt nose contour could be adjusted so the wear mark is in the center of the leade, not toward the rear of the cylinder.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
ryanc.ross said:
It has to do with the second notch of the hand. If you lengthen that, it will drop the bolt in the notch correctly.

The cyl latch timing is perfect. If it drops directly into the notch, the timing is late. It should drop into the lead just as shown.
If you lengthened the 2nd tooth on the hand, the cyl would lock up before the hammer can go far enough back to reach the full cock notch and it will bind up or won't cock at all!

The Norseman

Blackhawk
What a beautiful USFA Revolver, and thank you for offering it for sale.

I have friend that I've told him about my USFAs, and he always says yea but
their not a Colt, and I say, Your DAMN right their not!

Colt will never get to the level of a USFA. Actually I think they
are using Turnbull now.

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
Even if Colt uses Turnbull for the case colors..they will still never meet the hand fitted quality of the USA built USFA revolvers. They are the best SAA style revolvers ever made...period. In addition, there is no gun maker that did or ever will match their spectacular nickel plating process. Makes the Colt NP SAA look like a novice did it. USFA, the best ever.

The Norseman

Blackhawk
What a beautiful USFA Revolver, and thank you for offering it for sale.

I wish I could add this to my collection but, right now I'm holding out
for a S&W Model 625 45 Long Colt Mountain Gun.

This USFA would make a great Chirstmas Gift!